Skip to main content

Chapters of life

I believe that there are many chapters in life. From the day we arrive on earth until the day we pass away, we welcome experiences and fill our life with memories and momentous times. Of course, with the happy time come the not so wonderful times. It's all part of life. There are times that are sad, times that are stressful and instances which we hope to never repeat. Moving on and welcoming change is always a work in progress. But it isn't until we experience the sad times that we really learn to appreciate all of the wonderful things in life, things that we may even overlook on a daily basis. Do you ever smile when you think about how wonderful it feels to be alive? To breath, to walk and to talk? To travel, to share moments with loved ones, to catch up with friends and to help others? Life is absolutely amazing and I believe in experiencing it to the fullest.

I recently closed a chapter in my life. Although I still have 29 more weeks until I am eligible to sit for the Registered Dietitian national exam, I recently finished the most amazing 8 week, 272 hr community rotation with my amazing preceptor Marilyn. We had so much fun together and I learned so much. She sure did keep me busy (alongside putting together my jam-packed binder of material from assignments throughout the rotation) but I loved that she let me be so creative and that she let me be so involved on everything that she was doing. I will remember this rotation for the rest of my life and I know I will benefit from it, in the near future.
Within the same chapter, I recently completed a summer of IM training...injury-free. Unless you have been reading my blog since 2007, it's likely that you hear about my "leg" problems on occasion. I have been experiencing an undiagnosed leg/hip/back problems since 30 days prior to Kona 2007 (how I finished the IM world championships...I'm not quite sure??). That's 3 LONG years of having a chronic injury that seemed to be un-healable. Not quite sure what I had but with a lot of patience and help from others, I am finally able to sit here and say that I will be racing IMWI injury-free!!!
I am sure that my previous injury will pop up some time during the race but I have been working really hard on my confidence and mind-body connection to convince myself that I am no longer injured. I'll tell ya, after having an injury for SO long, it gets really hard to tell the difference between injured and "soreness". With the help of Karel and an AMAZING training program, I feel stronger than ever and I think I'm almost ready to go for race day! I say almost because I always get stressed/anxious for traveling and I just want to be at my hotel in Madison, WI with my family and Karel. Then, I think I will be 100% ready. Just 8 more days til race day and 5 days til I leave for Wisconsin. I can't wait!!!

This has been an amazing chapter of my life. I'm not sure how I did it all but some how, with balance in mind, I managed to train for an IM and complete my first dietetic internship rotation. I can honestly say, I wouldn't change my life for anything and I look forward to the next chapter in my life, which I welcome shortly after IMWI.

My furry little one is also enjoying life to the fullest. Campy was treated to a complimentary massage by my amazing friend Marjorie who gives the most AMAZING massages! Campy LOVED his massage.