Skip to main content

30 years of memories

Wow....30 years have gone by and I have to admit....I feel great!!


I've always been a positive person....ever since a young age. I always wanted to make sure everyone was always happy and I feel so uncomfortable with conflicts or around mean people. Realizing that age is just a number, I can honestly say that I don't feel 30 years "old" and I'm really happy about my life and who I am as a person.

I think this is going to be a great year.  A new age group, a new number for my age and lots of exciting opportunities.....and I sure don't expect to slow my life down anytime soon.


When I was born, my mom insisted that I was going to be a May baby and luckily, I came into this world with just a little time to spare on May 31st, 1982. If it wasn't for my amazing parents, I wouldn't be here today. They did an excellent job raising me and my brother and although they had their share of freak-outs during my teenage years, somehow I turned out ok and I believe that is due to their unconditional love and support...never pressuring me to be anyone but myself.

Like the goal of many of us - I was always encouraged to be confident and to do what I felt was best for me and to not compare myself to others. Thanks to the performing arts, piano, public speaking, competitive sports and higher education, I was forced to be confident in front of others and I think that helped me in so many more ways than I could believe.


Growing up, Iwas always outgoing, a bit on the talkative side (no surprise there!) and a go-getter. I love my parents and my brother and we have a great close family where there's lots of love and support...and lots of laughs.

Perhaps at times in my life I was hesitant to accept things that were out of my comfort zone but I didn't let that stop me from trying. My parents always encouraged me to never give up on what I wanted in life and most importantly, they sacrificed a lot for my brother and me to be able to be student-athletes from an early age, all the way through the end of college.

This is an incredibly special day for me because I have the opportunity to reflect on the past 30 years and remind myself of all of the amazing memories that I have created, the wonderful people I have met along my journey of life and all that I have accomplished in the past 30 years.

Luckily, I can think of more than 30 memories that leave me with a smile on my face so I'd like to give you 30 words that describe me and my life, over the past 30 years.... and a few pics that my mom dug-up of me from the photo albums.


1. Happy
2. Obstacles
3. Love
4. Priorities
5. Sacrifices
6. Family
7. Outgoing
8. Type-A
9. Writer and speaker
10. Endurance athlete
11. Educator
12. Motivation
13. Wife and doggy mommy
14. Vegetarian
15. Friend
16. Optimistic
17. Sensitive
18. Worry, stress and anxiety
20. Laugh and smile
21. Health
22. Student
23. Fitness enthusiast
24. Mentor
25. Respect
26. Relax
27. Reflect
28. Grateful
29. Honest
30. Creative

4 days old

My mom said I was the perfect baby - always happy!

I've always loved music


Future dietitian

Making creations

Performing in front of a crowd

Me and "chickey". I always loved animals.

No aerobars yet..just a little brother-sister bike riding

I could never get enough of being in the water




 
It might not be a Trek, but it's PINK!

Piano competition (pink dress of course)


Swimming competition



 

All grown up - I love these two guys!!





                                                                What a great family!


The best parents in the world!


I'm so proud of my brother and all that he has accomplished in his life. Go Blue! Aaron works for Ernst and Young now and completed 4 years in the business school at UM while being a Division 1 athlete (Aaron was Big Ten high bar champion as a Senior - I can't find the pic of him on the High Bar but he was also a great all-around NCAA gymnast)


HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
                             

On this special day, I also want to wish my best friend, my supporter for everything I do and my one and only love, a very wonderful 6-year anniversary. We met on my birthday in 2006, on a group bike ride (Gearlink Wed. night ride) thanks to a few people wanting to set us up. I didn't think I wanted a boyfriend at that time in my life, but somehow, I kept falling in love with Karel the more I got to know him. Karel, I love you so much..thank you for letting me be me and for being a great teammate.  You believe in me and because of that, I can set higher goals and be more successful in everything I choose to do in life. You take such good care of yourself and I thank you for that because I want to spend forever with you. I am so lucky to share my life with you and I look forward to many, MANY, many more years to come....riding bikes and eating yummy creations, of course....with Campy.