Skip to main content

Back to the routine

 
It was sad to leave my Oakley Women friends (family) but I am back at home now and filled with memories. There's nothing better than a trip to get you excited about coming home with ideas, dreams and goals and the inspiration to start making things happen.
To get me back into the routine, Campy wasted no time for his daily tummy rubs. 


While in Utah, I enjoyed a change of my routine and trying new foods. I was sure to not skimp on my protein so every morning I enjoyed an omelet filled w/ veggies alongside toast w/ PB. 

Thankfully, the altitude didn't get to me when snowboarding or when sleeping but I made sure when I was running on the treadmill on Sunday morning, that I didn't go by my normal "at sea level" pace. I was sure to stay extra hydrated while in Utah as we were about 8,000 feet up and I also tried to do the best I could w/ fruits and veggies, which was easy as Oakley Women had a wonderful dinner prepared for us every evening.

When I got home last night, Karel had the most delicious sandwich ready for me. Talk about a creation!! Toast w/ hummus and melted spicy cheese w/ a cooked egg, thinly sliced apples, tomatoes, mixed greens, a veggie burger and two slices of tempeh. What a great chef!



Back to the routine this week and it was wonderful to be on my bike. The weather is rather nice here in Florida.....upper 60's and nothing like Utah!

This morning's workout was tempo intervals on the bike for around 90 minutes, followed by a 30 min run off the bike. It felt great to sweat and think about the 10 weeks left until my first triathlon of the season. Campy joined me for my last mile as I knew he wanted to enjoy the fresh air with me. I'm looking forward to jumping in the pool tomorrow for Master's Swim and getting back in the weight room for strength training.

After a full day of phone calls, emailing and other to-do's, I couldn't wait to get back into my kitchen for a yummy dinner creation.

Arugula and red quinoa salad


-Frozen peas and corn (cooked at 425 degrees in a little olive oil, w/ a dash of sea salt and pepper for ~15-20 minutes until slightly brown)
-Cooked tempeh (in same oven until golden brown and firm, around 15 minutes)
-Arugula
-Egg (scrambled on stove top - to save time, you can do this in the microwave in a bowl sprayed w/ non stick spray, for 30-60 sec and then scramble and reheat for 15 sec intervals).
-Red quinoa (prepared 1:2 ratio of quinoa to water. I used 1/2 cup quinoa to 1 cup water on stove top on low heat, covered for 5-8 minutes, then I fluffed w/ fork and turned off heat and covered.
-Topped w/ shredded cheese

I hope everyone is enjoying their start to 2013!! Keep on working toward your goals and establishing a routine that helps you make progress. Instead of living up to the standards to others, live up to the desire you had on January 1st, 2013 to move you closer to reaching your personal health, fitness, diet, performance goals.