I also decided to make Karel some muffins since he loves muffins and well, anything that resembles bread. FYI: we are a carb loving family.
I hope you enjoy the muffins and make sure to yum really loud when you eat them so others around you know how great it feels to eat a yummy creation that you made at home.
1/2 cup sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt1/2 tsp nutmeg ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup 2% organic milk
1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pears (very ripe)
Honey - drizzling
2. In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour through nutmeg)
3. In small bowl, whisk together milk, melted butter, egg and vanilla.
4. Pour the liquid mixture over the dry and stir until flour is thoroughly mixed.
5. Gently stir in chopped pears.
6. Fill each muffin tin 3/4 full. This recipe should fill an entire muffin tin.
7. On each muffin, use a honey stick (or fork) and drizzle a honey on top each muffin. Optional add chopped walnuts for a little crunch.
8. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until muffins are firm on top. Remove from oven and let cool.