I didn't rush out to buy a muffin but instead, I went to the internet to Google "Blueberry Muffin recipe" and I combined several recipes based on what ingredients I had at home.
While drinking a glass of 1% Organic milk and about 20g of whey protein and eating a banana with a few pitted dates as my recovery snack, I went to work in my kitchen, making seven super scrumptious blueberry muffins.
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Melt butter in microwave. Then add egg, yogurt and vanilla until evenly combined.
- Add dry ingredients (flour through cinnamon) and stir until just combined.
- Mix in berries (ok if you smash them while stirring).
- Add a few tbsp of water to help with mixing. Your batter should be thick but a little water can help for even mixing.
- In a non-stick muffin tin (you can spray with non-stick spray or use muffin liners), fill the tins 3/4th way full. You should get 6-7 muffins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
If you or your family love muffins, I suggest to double this recipe to make 12-14 muffins and to freeze half.....these muffins will not last long around muffin lovers!
Sorry, no nutritional information.I give you permission to yum over your muffin because it is made from real food, because you prepared it and it makes you feel good inside with every bite.
A great way to enjoy the muffin is as a snack (pre-workout or anytime) or for a balanced meal, yum over your muffin at meal time and top with honey, a little nut butter, Greek yogurt and fruit OR with a protein/fruit/veg smoothie OR with a veggie and egg scramble.