Skip to main content

This is great!

Everything is going well right now. Training is great and I can tell big improvements in the pool and on my bike. Started running outside now, instead of the treadmill, and I am falling in love with running again. OK-enough of the fast stuff already! I Just want to swim, bike and run for long hours...and no more of this anaerobic stuff!! Errr...oh well, I guess it is necessary to make me faster. I just want to train Ironman specific but of course it is too early to start. Plenty of time!
April is a busy month for me. With "my business" really starting to grow and getting more and more clients for nutrition consultations, I am absolutely loving helping people. Luckily, I have had GREAT success with the people who I have helped and I'm looking forward to helping more people in the triathlon community. Coaching is going well and Sarah did her first long ride today as I pulled her for over 30 miles. GO sarah..I'm really excited to see her at Ironman 70.3 Florida!
This morning's pool workout was ridiculous! Matt was crazy, the pool was packed and everyone was lively and a bit on the edgy side. With the main set being 4 x 300 PULL on 4 min (For me!!!) I just laughed and missed the first cycle and missed the second and finally for the last two I was on a 4:30 interval. Come on now...4 minutes for pulling a 300!!!! CRAZY. I did a little extra after the workout was finished and totalled 2800 yards today. I know I need to do more and I will be swimming with the HS swim team soon.
My run afterwards was great and I ran along my favorite trail-the Pinellas Trail.
As I said, April is crazy! I will be gone EVERY weekend starting next weekend. This weekend I will be spending Sat at Karels Webster Cycling race, helping him at the feed zone as he "Races" 112 miles! Now try running a marathon after that Karel!!! Hehe-I like to give the cyclists a hard time :) I am heading to the Tour de Georgia on April 18-April 23rd with some of the Gearlink guys for some cycling and tour watching. I can't wait for that trip. The week before I will be in Penn. at Penn State cheering on my bro for his LAST gymnastics meet. Hopefully it will be a repeat of Big Ten's and he will have a wonderful NCAA meet. I Head to michigan for the last time to see my brother graduate from Business school on the 27th, with an early flight back on the 28th to work the USAT booth at St.Anthony's. Then...the month ends with my FIRST Elite race (Have I mentioned that I am extremely nervous!!! COuld you tell?????) at St.anthony's.
Anyways...things are great and I just love it! Gotta get myself ready for tomorrow. I love teaching Spin at the Y...I can't believe they put up with me week after week.