Skip to main content

Great Genetics!




This post will be short due to a lot of deadlines for the USAT Florida region. I want to give a special thanks to my parents for all their support. All my life, I have had my number one fans at almost all my races and meets. Dividing the time between my brother's gymnastics and my LONG weekend swim meets, was very time consuming for my parents and VERY Costly. From hotels to dinners to equipment, my parents always helped my brother and I out in our sports. Being a swimmer all my life, suits are expensive and you go through them fast! When I graduated college, my parents were a little excited that they didn't have to sit through swim meets anymore and then next couple of years could be a bit more relaxing. Well, that is far from the truth! My brother went to University of Michigan on a full Gymnastics scholarship, while studying Business. As he approaches his last meet of his life, my parents have traveled to every one of his meets this year. Not just the big ones like in the years past. My parents know this year is special for my brother and they want to spend it with him. Due to my busy schedule, I will be watching him at NCAA on April 14th at Penn State and really looking forward to it! My parents had the opportunity to see something that will be a highlight in my brothers gymnastics career. My brother won the high bar last night at the Big Ten championships in Minneapolis!!!!! As a career score and the highest score for UM Gymnastics in 2007, my bro is the 91st BIG TEN champion from Michigan. CONGRATS Aaron. Some stats on my brother and the team can be found on the bottom of this link...




As far as my side of competitive sports, my parents have been totally supportive of my triathlon career. Unfortunantly, my races don't last for 1-2 minutes like in swim meets, but more like 3, 4, or 11 hours! What great parents to keep me going as I train intensly for my endurance sport. This morning I ran the Iron Girl 10K race in beautiful Clearwater. Ok, so it is no fun running over and back on the Memorial Causeway, but I do the race for the medal, the performance shirt, the wonderful people there and the post-race catered buffet. I wouldn't miss this race for the world! I wasn't at my best this morning cause the running isn't there yet. After I hurt my foot I took the required time off to let it heal and since I am running less than 20 miles a week (3 days a week) my running speed and endurance isn't there. Although I consider myself a much stronger cyclist now (due to a tight ITband and lots of active recovery on the bike) I am looking forward to adding more mileage to my running..pain free!


It was great seeing soooo many familiar faces this morning at the race. I saw my best friend Kelly (who seems to race well with little training!!! :) hehe) and my other family, which is the Iron Girl and Ironman team. Judy..once again you put on a GREAT race! Even though the time wasn't good, I was 9th overall and 1st age group 20-24. Thanks everyone for the kind words for my race. Next race..St.Anthony's!