My latest article on IronGirl.com (subscribe for your FREE newsletter)...
New Year, New You
Welcome to 2009! With the New Year upon us, it is time to make some resolutions and changes. As you remember the past and look toward the future, make sure your expectations are realistic. If there are areas in your life that you hope to change in 2009, take time to reflect on what was and was not successful in 2008. If you repeat your actions, you will receive the same results.
The idea of creating a New Year resolution may seem simple in your mind, but it must be practical and possible in order to be achieved. Change can be very rewarding, so start with an intention and develop steps to accomplish your overall goal. Losing weight, eating healthier and improving your fitness are popular New Year resolutions. Making these changes may seem difficult at first, but follow the tips below and you will reach your goal:
(In no particular order)
1. Pack your lunch
2. Eat out no more than 3 times a month
3. Exercise more than 5 times a week, for at least 45 minutes each workout
4. Eat a complex carbohydrate, protein-filled breakfast everyday
5. Use fat-free condiments and dressings
6. Snack on fruits and veggies
7. Include protein with all meals and snacks
8. Sign up for a race and give yourself at least 6 weeks to train
9. Keep your evening snack under 150 calories
10. Smile, laugh and enjoy life
11. Read - really read - food labels
12. Reduce your intake of sodium
13. Set realistic weight loss and/or fitness goals
14. Replace foods, don't eliminate
15. Have friends and family hold you accountable
16. Let the mirror be your scale
17. Use only the necessary supplements (ex. whey protein powder, fish oil, multivitamins) and do not rely on weight loss pills
18. Walk more, drive less
19. Encourage others to set realistic goals
20. Weight train 2 to 3 times a week
21. If a food is heart unhealthy or you can't control your intake with a certain food/snack, keep it out of the house
22. Enjoy a little of everything rather than a lot of one thing
23. Portion control
24. Don't be afraid to eat unlike the norm (in other words, don't be afraid to be healthy)
25. Enjoy healthy habits that will last a lifetime!
And how about some cute pics of Campy....