Skip to main content

Black Hawk

Nope, I didn't just rescue another animal. But, after selling my Seduza (I know, so sad...she is out in Colorado braving the snow), my 650 Zipp wheels and Karel's first mountain bike we had a little play money. Karel wanted us to have the same size wheel and after struggling to change many flats on my 650 wheels (lucky none in a race) it was time for me to go a little bigger. My road bike has 700 wheels and I feel really comfortable on Blue so I wasn't worried about the change in size for my tri bike
Well, here she is....some of her.


Karel has always wanted to custom build a bike for me that would fit me. He also wanted to pick his own parts for my bike, rather than paying a heck of a lot of money for a complete bike. Karel and I both know that any bike will be good for me so long as I ride it hard and it is safe. I am not very high tech and obsessed with the latest and greatest so I am not too picky when it comes to brake levers, gears or stems but to Karel, he wants to build a good looking bike that no one else has out there.I just requested pink handle bar tape and pink water bottle cages.
I can't wait to see the final product!


Karel is using some of his parts from his Pinarello and from my Seduza (which we traded out before we sold her).




We are waiting for a few more parts but she should be finished before next week. And to make my bike even faster (ok, to make me train a little faster and harder) I got a power meter. Ok, so I got Karel's old powertap and he got a new one that is more than I would ever spend on anything electronic for my bike....but I know Karel loves those things. As for me, I just want to keep things simple. But what a world of difference when you train with power. I have always been big on HR but after my first bike set w/ power on Tues I couldn't believe the workout I had on my bike! And, it is cool to see the results of the ride on the computer (WKO training program and training peaks) after the workout.
Since we visit Karel at work almost every day, Campy was more interested in going outside than going to the shop to see my new bike.