Skip to main content

Product Review Monday

Fringe
I recently received a new pair of Oakley glasses and I can't stop wearing them!

I thought my small face could only fit one type of glasses (sporty ones) but thanks to Oakley Women, I have a variety of glasses to choose from. When I was in Napa for the Oakley Women Fitness retreat, I had the opportunity to take part in the Rolling O lab..which was amazing. I knew that Oakley had amazing technology to back up their quality sunglasses but I was surprised at the amount of testing that goes into every pair of sunglasses on the market.
Check it out...


Here's a little about the product from the Oakley Women Fringe website:


Fringe Sunglasses

A little new wave and a little old school, Fringe™ is designed for the young and the young at heart. A modern version of the cat eye shape, these are the glasses for girls who want to have fun. Fresh and cool, they’re the perfect companions for a day in the sun.

With the O Matter® frame front and center, you’ll enjoy lightweight comfort from sunrise to sunset. Day after day, your eyes will thank you for great peripheral vision via 6 base lens curvature and Plutonite® lens material that filters out 100% of UVA / UVB / UVC and harmful blue light up to 400nm. Oakley quality is in full effect with FringeE’s Three-Point Fit, which holds lenses in precise alignment and optical precision and impact resistance standards that exceed Z80.3.

New school options abound on Fringe with varied field of light via gradient lens shading. If you want polarized lenses, Oakley can equip Fringe with the best on the planet (greater than 99% efficiency) or hook you up with prescription lenses (+2.00 through -4.00 combined power). A metal icon at the hinge and an exclusive women’s eyewear case complete Fringe in pure Oakley style.

Lens:
•Optimized peripheral vision of 6 base lens curvature
•Optical precision and impact resistance meet or exceed Z80.3 optical and basic impact standards
•UV protection of Plutonite® lens material that filters out 100% of UVA / UVB / UVC & harmful blue light up to 400nm
•Varied field of light transmission (top to bottom) via optional gradient lens shading
•Available with Oakley prescription lenses (+2.00 through -4.00 combined power)

Frame:
•Durability and all-day comfort of lightweight, stress-resistant O Matter® frame material
•Comfort and performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
•Metal icon

Accessories:
•Convenience and styling of exclusive women’s eyewear case (included)

Also available in: Special Editions


PODIUM LEGS



A few months ago Karel told me about a new product, which is similar to compression but perhaps a little better. As the general manager of the Trek Bicycle store of Jacksonville, Karel is typically the first to know about new products on the market. Karel was able to get the podium legs for a great price and after months of waiting, they finally arrived.
I am always excited to hear about new products and trying them out in order to provide my feedback. I recently finished my 3rd week of build for Kona and as a welcome a recovery week, I am super excited to have Podium Legs in my life.

I am a firm believer in compression, both during training and for recovery, and now I have a new addition to my recovery routine. I will continue stretching and icing post-workout but I find that Podium Legs are perfect for the evening in an effort to give my legs a good massage and great compression before bed. I realize the price may be a bit much but considering the money that many of us have spent on physical therapy, MRI's, Xrays and the time away from a healthy dose of exercise, I feel strongly that we should pay as much attention to our recovery routine as we do to daily training. If this product is out of your budget, no worries (I totally understand!!!). I recommend purchasing a quality pair of compression tights as well as two pairs of compression socks (one for training - cooling specific, and one for recovery).

Here is a bit about Podium Legs from the website:



Used and endorsed by professional cyclists to get the most out of their training and perform at a peak during multi-day cycling events

Just like the high-end compression devices used by protour teams, available to the public now!

What it does:
Podium Legs use air compression just like compression socks. However, the similarities end there. Podium Legs compress to pressures ranging from very gentle to those that mimic and go beyond a professional sports massage.

Podum Legs promote recovery and circulation. Why is this needed? Well let's say that in any given month, we have 15-20 days where we're training. Why are we doing only 15-20 days? Because that's the maximum our muscles can handle without loss in strength due to fatigue. Podium Legs fight that fatigued feeling -- you'll be able to get in those extra 3 or 4 days of training every month and feel great while doing it.

How it works:
4 air chambers fill in sequence, gradually compress each muscle group in your legs and feet, and then repeating. Several cycles of 15 minutes each, with multiple power options, and point massage options. One size fits all adults. Includes a travel bag.


Fit N Fresh
My best friend Jennifer gave me a set of Tupperware for my birthday. It makes me incredibly happy that my friends know my love for cooking and are supportive in my quest to appreciate home-cooked meals. For my last birthday I also received a cookbook and two separate gifts of farm/garden-fresh produce. I am one lucky woman!
I think the first step in preparing food at home is having quality AND FUN Tupperware. If you are chopping and cutting, you need somewhere to put everything. Plus, when you have several sets of quality Tupperware, you have no excuse when it comes to bringing your lunch to work. I don't think any of us can say that we "don't have time" for we sure do make time for swim, bike and/or run workouts on a daily basis. In my opinion, preparing food that provides us with healthy nutrients is the foundation of having quality exercise or training workouts.
I recommend checking out this website in an effort to start your new journey in preparing food at home and taking pride in what you are putting in your body.
As for those who don't enjoy cooking..that is ok! We aim for progress, not perfection. There is nothing wrong with buying frozen veggies and pre-chopped/cut veggies/fruits. You still need somewhere to put everything when you bring your lunch/breakfast to work so even for my non-cookers, Tupperware is a must.