Skip to main content

A few of my favorite happy tummy eats


When it comes to discovering the best diet and exercise routine for you body and lifestyle, you must remember that you are eating for you and exercising for your goals. Never be afraid of what others will think of you as you nourish and fuel and work your body to encourage a long, happy life. Although you should never feel isolated because of your eating and exercise routine, keep in mind that your balanced diet and exercise routine may inspire others. 

GINGER!
Why I love it? Natural anti-inflammatory and perfect for the tummy when fueling with sport nutrition products. Also a must for me on the days leading up to the race to help with pre-race nerves affecting digestion. Also helpful for nausea.

EDAMAME!
Why I love it? 1/2 cup + 13g of protein!!! Not only is it delicious but it also provides iron, vitamin A, vitamin C and calcium along with over 400 mg of potassium.


TRAIL MIX
Why I love it?  A perfect combo of protein, carbs and fat to keep my brain, body and tummy happy. I portion control to individual baggies for easy snacking, especially after work on my drive home. I love to add trail mix to my yogurt and fruit breakfast in the morning w/ granola. 


SALAD BARS!
Why I love it? Nothing better than having everything prepared for you and you can pick whatever you want, based on your workout routine or nutrient needs. But isn't it great when you don't have to pay by the pound? I always make sure I have a variety of fruits and veggies in my fridge at all times and I love shopping seasonally. I am loving the summer fruits while they last and there is no shortage of them in our house. I typically shop 2-3 days a week for produce as we go through it fast! Here's my Trimarni kitchen salad bar creation.. Spinach, arugula, onions, carrots, avocado, baby tomatoes, grapes, blueberries, pumpkin seeds, feta, mixed brown rice, cashews, cottage cheese and strawberries.

WASA CRACKERS
Why I love it? The key to the perfect pre training snack is finding food options that are energy dense (high carb) but low in volume. Depending on the intensity and volume, a little fat and protein may be useful. One of my favorite pre training snacks for 1-3 hour workouts is Wasa North America crackers (light rye 2-4 crackers) spread with a little PB and honey, topped with raisins, cinnamon and banana slices. Happy tummy, happy muscles, happy body.

CAMPY!
Why I love him? He never complains, provides unconditional loves, loves to run, treats every day like a lottery winning day, never tries to rush the day, loves road trips, loves to be outside and loves life.
(Love my Oakley Women Warm-up shades)