This week has been easy in terms of taking it easy because I feel no pressure to rush back into training. The only thing that is a little off is still my sleeping which I am going to bed about 60-90 minutes later than normal at night (but then again, my life is super busy all day so if I am not training, my mind is often being occupied with a lot of other thoughts and ideas). I will continue to just go by feel (gadget free) for one more week and keep everything light, fun and comfortable.
As for post Ironman, this week Karel and I did nothing on Mon and Tues after the race. Well, we walked around on top of Whiteface mountain on Tues....slowly.
I met up with a few strangers while I was riding, asked if I could join and drafted as my legs did no work for most of the ride. I feel re-charged but will be patient before I start training for Kona for next 8 weeks (Karel is already excited to help me train for my 3rd World Championships so my Training Peaks calendar already has workouts in it for the next few weeks thanks to him :)
Be sure that you are not rushing life, waiting for a vacation, longing for the weekend (on Monday) or finding yourself wishing for tomorrow. Make memories, live in the moment and set goals so that you are not counting your days but instead, making the most of your days here on Earth while you have them.
Fruity pancakesServes 7
6 strawberries (chopped or sliced)
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup packed zucchini (shredded)
1/8 tsp salt
2/3 cup oat flour (you can use any flour, I like to mix up my flours when I made pancakes, I also love soy flour and rye flour)
1/2 tbsp honey
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp raisins
1 tbsp sunflower seeds
1/4 cup milk
1. Mix together ingredients in large bowl up until the milk. Stir with a fork to evenly combine.
2. Add milk to create a soupy batter (which will thicken as it sits).
3. Heat a large skillet to low to medium heat (in between) and drizzle a little olive oil on the pan to prevent batter from sticking.
4. Spoon 1/3 cup servings on to pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until the bottom is golden brown (you can lightly spread out pancake to be a little flatter with your fork).
5. Flip pancakes and cook other side for 2-3 minutes.
6. Serve with a serving of your choice of protein: glass of milk, greek yogurt, grilled tofu, tempeh, eggs or cottage cheese.