Skip to main content

Not enough time in the day!

I'm back from vegas..I had a great time. The hotel was amazing, the conference speakers were amazing and it was great to see some old friends and meet new ones. I had a great time with my roomie Ivonne (that I met for the first time on sun) and it was great to share the conference with someone else. I have been going to the ISSN annual conference for the past 3 years so as my 4th time, I am pretty close with the board members. Knowing the inner circle has its perks but most of all, I find myself laughing and totally comfortable around all the PhD's and researchers. And believe me..these guys are smart!!!
I really learned a lot and I will have to sum everything up. I spent the car ride home with karel explaining everything I learned. Not sure if he listened since he was thinking about what he wanted for breakfast, but he did ask questions. :)
I am finding that there isn't enough time in the day. I am working on a research paper for my food science class (it's been a while since I have written a 12 page paper but compared to grad school, I will take a 12, and not 20, page paper). I am also trying to squeeze in my food science lab which I have to make a zillion cakes and muffins. I made the muffins which was fun. I am learning about leavening agents and different types of flour and mixing techniques. Karel is loving this assignment and I told him we are having muffins and cakes for the next week. I couldn't just stick with the normal recipe so after I did my experiment i used the extra muffin and cake batter to make healthy foods, like rye muffins w/ raisins and then a cake which is like angel food cake and I added lemon juice and apples. I am about to head to the Trek store to work 2 hours (I know it isn't much but after a week of working I have grocery money!!!) and I am bringing the guys muffins and cake. I am sure they will love it. Luckily, there isn't a lot of sugar in it so I don't feel too guilty about bringing it. I know it is fun baking and cooking for other people, but I just feel guilty if I give someone else a food that I am avoiding. I know baking cookies and cakes are great, especially when you can give them to someone (because they are too high in sugar and fat for yourself) but then I feel like I am ruining someone else's diet. I rather bring healthy foods which I know anyone can enjoy and feel good about eating. Well, i tried to make these healthy and I'm thinking the Trek guys probably wouldn't enjoy my normal "marni foods". Oh well, Karel enjoys them so that is all that matters :)
I was planning on racing at the state road race championships in ocala, FL on sun but karel and I would have to spend the night on sat because my race would start at 8am and karel's race is at 10. This is a very important race for Karel and I don't want him to have to get up super early to drive down on sun. because I have so much to do right now for school, I decided to just go on sun to watch Karel. He also races age-group on sat (category on sun) but I will have to stay here to work on my assignments. BOO!! but I guess I have to prioritize..i just can't give up watching Karel for one day.
I have a beginnertriathlete.com nutrition chat on sun night so we will have to get home right after the race. No stopping for me!
Oh and tomorrow I am helping out with a triathlon registration at the American Bicycle Company store (the other shop that Karel works at) so I am really looking foward to meeting some triathletes. I haven't even signed up for a gym so I have been really slacking on my swimming :( I rode 30 miles with Karel this morning and running is going great. I hope to sign up for a gym before tues next week.
Ok..off I go to ride my bike to work. I tell ya, I don't know how you mommies and daddies do it????