Skip to main content

Week is almost over!

What a week. I am almost finished with my research paper for Food science and I finished all my food science labs yesterday. I had to make about 10 different kinds of cakes and then 9 different muffins using different leavening agents. It was really neat to see the results but I don't want to see, make or taste another cake or muffin for a long time!!! I must say that Karel had a great time with this lab. Mr. Sweet tooth (aka karel) really enjoyed this lab. I think I might invest in a bread maker after going through this lab. I had a great time making healthy and low cal muffins and I even thought of ways to make the "sweet" foods healthier. Because Karel and I are big bread lovers, it might be fun to make our own bread.
I am feeling a little more rested after vegas but I was super tired after a red-eye on tues night. In addition to the 3-hour time change, I was really messed up on wed. Plus with a bunch of nutrition consultations and school work to come home to I was only able to get in a 2 hour (well needed) nap on wed. But, that is ok. I am getting everything done so that is good.
Yesterday I worked the registration at the Beaches fine arts triathlon at the ABC bike store in jacksonville beach. I didn't really meet anyone but at least I saw a lot of faces that I will hopefully see again. There are 2 races that I am planning on doing in August (olympic tri and open water swim) so by then, i will hopefully know more people. This meeting stuff is hard! It is almost like you have to make time to meet people...and well, I'd love some free time!
One thing that I do spend time on is cooking. I make sure that karel and I have a cooked meal every night. I don't rely on fast food or eating out (that is for traveling) so even if it is an omelette, soup, salad, pizza bread (cheese, sauce and veggies on 2 pieces of toast) or a wrap, I make sure we both have a healthy dinner every night. Honestly, I don't have time to spend more than 45 min. on a meal so I rely on time management..if i have time, I have a more detailed meal and if I don't have time, it's something easy to prepare. Either way...it is cooked, fresh and yummy :) To make my meals easy to prepare, I think about my day the moment I get up. I try to plan my lunch and dinner meals so that I am sure i am not missing on my macronutrients. So if I have Pb and J for lunch (if I am busy and on the go) then I will have eggs or veggie meat, to be sure i have extra protein. I recommend knowing what you will have for breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday once you get out of bed in the mroning. It makes meal planning a lot easier and you also prevent snacking and mindless eating...like when you are deciding what to eat :) If you need any help planning meals, just let me know. I am about to put together a BT.com video on quick meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
This morning Karel went to ocala for the age group fl. state road race. Tomorrow is the category race. I am waiting to hear from him so hopefully all went well. I am going to watch him tomorrow and I am super excited to use my (I mean, Karel's) new camera :)
After Karel left, I had a small snack (toast, Pb and yogurt) before the group ride. This was my third time for the ride and I was determined to make it the whole ride without getting dropped. I don't really know anyone on the ride so it is a little hard for me to trust everyone, but I am getting know bikes so that helps. I am getting better at drafting, especially when we are flying at 28mph. It is always a fast ride but I think the pace was a little slower (same overall speed, but less attacks) because there was a triathlon and cycling race today. well, i made it the whole ride and I was super happy. 44 miles and we averaged 22mph (w/ warm-up and warm-down). Riding my road bike has helped me out so much. I haven't been on seduza in a few weeks but I am feeling really strong and can't wait to do a tri!
After the ride, I went for a 3 1/2 mile run and finished it with a soak in the apartment pool. I only put my feet in the water but it felt sooooo good.
Well, time to finish up the research paper, send in my lab report and answer some emails.
Have a great weekend!!!