Skip to main content

Heading to Vegas!

Before packing up my bags I needed to get an exhausting workout. I guess it just comes with traveling that a good morning workout makes for a well-deserving day of sitting on an air plane. Karel and I rode together at 7am to meet the Open Road cycles group. More like a peloton with over 30 people. Oh jeez. Well, I had a few miles to build my confidence before the speed picked up and Karel was giving me his always helpful advice as we rode next to each other. Karel was only planning on doing a short ride due to a race today but decided not to do the race..but still kept the ride short. However, I was out for the whole ride....until I got dropped that is.
The pace picked up to around 23 and it varied between 25 and 23 for most of the ride. I was hanging on ok for around 10 miles and luckily I knew the roads so that helped with my cornering. It wasn't too long after I was looking at the wheel in front of me that I noticed the pace picked up and Karel was gone. Hum....Well, the road turned to the left a bit and I could see far down the group that Karel was in the front. I guess we were all going too slow for him. He was pulling the whole group until he started to head home and I barely got in a "good bye" before he dropped off and I was still determined to hang on. For the next 10-15 miles I was hanging on by a thread. Barely I was staying with everyone and my quads were BURNING! I couldn't even grab a sip of water but maybe every 7-10 miles. I was just pushing for dear life. Finally, on the way home with 8 miles left to go, my legs said no more and I was done. Well, I guess i made it much further than last time and with a lot of people dropping off, the group was still big but I was still in for most of it. I looked at my computer and I had done 36 miles with the group which was just great for me. We averaged 22 mph which was crazy fast. I slowly made my way home, but made a quick stop at the Trek store to say hi to Karel. He was proud of me so that is always a good thing. I ended up with 45 miles and finished the workout with a 2.8 mile run. FAST! My legs are feeling pretty powerful with my run so I think the road biking is paying off!
I packed my bags, studied ALL afternoon and Karel took me to the airport to head to Tampa (first stop of my trip) to see my parents.
Originally I booked my flight from Tampa not knowing about my move so it was great to see my parents. Even better, we went to the international mall for dinner and looked for dresses for the wedding. I found my wedding dress!!!
This morning I had a great 90 min. run and was daydreaming all through Starkey Park. It was beautiful outside and I was just enjoying another exhausting workout. I finished my morning with a dip in my parents pool as I once again studied.
Well, time to head to vegas!!!!