There are so many different variations with this recipe. You could use any type of fish, meat or vegetarian product for the inside of the crepe. Also, the ingredients for a crepe (flour and water) make this dish super easy for any occasion. You can put anything you want in the mixture for the crep and add anything you want (fruit, cheese, nuts, veggies, etc.) for the inside of the crep if you are wanting something light for breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack.
Enjoy! Have a great weekend...Eat healthy and enjoy what you eat!
Salmon and Chive Crepes w/ radish spread
For the crepes (makes 2 large crepes):
1/3 cup skim milk (don't use soy, doesn't cook well)
3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
1 large egg
1/2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 large fresh chive , finely chopped
1. Combine first 4 ingredients and mix well in a small bowl. Add chives, mix well.
For the radish spread:
1/8 cup fat-free sour cream
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3-4 baby radishes, shredded
1/8 cup onions, shredded or finely chopped
1. Mix together ingredients in a small bowl.
Putting it all together:
1. Cook Salmon to your liking. Let salmon cool for 15 min. before cutting into pieces.
2. Pour 1/2 crepe mixture (according to this recipe) onto a non-stick pan (sprayed with 1-2 squirts non stick spray) on LOW heat.
3. Carefully flip after 1-3 min. of cooking.
4. Place crepe on a plate and let cool. Repeat for second crepe.
5. After crepes are cool, spread 2-3 spoonfulls of radish spread on crepe.
*I thought I could put the crepe back on the stove for the spread and salmon(as seen in the picture) but I think the crepe will stay more firm off the hot skillet.
6. After you spread the radish mixture all over the crepe, lay a small handful of the salmon on one half of the crepe.
7. Roll the crepe from salmon side to the non-salmon side.
8. Enjoy this meal with a healthy side salad.
Crepe mixture (left) and radish spread (right)
Salmon from the oven (cooked around 10 min. w/ a little balsamic and olive oil. I also cut up a few onions which I used on the crepe at the end.)
A beautiful salad to go with the meal