I haven't been in the mood for pancakes after my long workouts for the past two months. Possibly due to 100-degree 5+ hour workouts. Last week I made pancakes for dinner. Why??? I couldn't think of any reason why not.
Health carbs, protein and fat......looks like one healthy and balanced meal that you can't feel guilty about!
1 cup whole wheat pancake mix (just add water) or buttermilk (just add water)
1/3 cup instant oats
Handful chopped nuts
Handful sesame seeds
1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup - 1/2 cup water
1. Combine pancake mix, oats and nuts in a large mixing bowl. Stir well.
2. Add egg, vanilla and milk. Mix together. Slowly add water until the batter drips off your mixing utensil.
3. Add blueberries and cinnamon and mix well.
4. On a low-medium heat skillet, spray 3-4 squirts non stick spray. Pour a few big spoonfuls batter on plate to make medium-sized pancakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes until bottom of pancakes is golden brown.
5. Flip pancakes and cook for 2-3 minutes.
*with pancakes serve scrambled eggs, tofu or lean meat for protein.
*add a large fruit salad for color and a delicious nutrient-rich meal. I added raisins and nuts to my fruit salad and topped my pancakes with a little low fat vanilla yogurt.