Skip to main content

Tuna and Un-Tuna salad sandwiches - Creations

I love making my own spin-off's of favorite pre-made dishes. I think the hardest part of making things at home is always comparing your food to a pre-made alternative. However, the best part of making things at home is that you are in control of the ingredients and preparation. There is nothing more satisfying than knowing exactly what you are putting into your body to fuel your athletic and daily lifestyle.

My preceptor passed along a recipe to me from an organic produce email and I was super excited to make the recipe. A few days went by and I forgot about the recipe but thankfully, my preceptor made the un-tuna and brought it to Hospice while I was interning. I love our lunches together because we always talk 'recipes' and she happened to have the un-tuna with her. It was delicious!!!

I decided to make my own version at home because I didn't have all of the ingredients. However, I managed to make a tuna version for Karel at the same time I was making my un-tuna. I hope you enjoy both of the recipes!!