Skip to main content

Performing Beautifully in Napa - quick recap




Hello Bloggers! I am back from an amazing, once-in-a-lifetime trip to Napa Valley. I thought I was heading to Napa to learn about my role as an Oakley ambassador and I came back to Florida having a new family. With over 100 women at the fitness retreat (from magazine editors, to retailers, to Oakley staff), I couldn't help but pick up on the contagious energy. I met so many inspiring people, including the other ambassadors who live around the US.



The Oakley staff did a great job of selecting the ambassadors because we are all very passionate people, each with our own philosophy and pursuits in living a healthy and active lifestyle. From dirt biking to wake boarding to yoga instructors and personal trainers, we all had one thing in common...we love our bodies, setting goals and being active.

I'm very excited about my role as an Oakley ambassador and the world is at my fingertips (according to Oakley). Seriously, a dream come true.

The Oakley Women Perform Beautifully Ambassador program is to inspire all women to perform beautifully by exposing them to Oakley products as well as the brand itself.

With 4 1/2 years of higher education behind my name, I could not be more excited to empower women (like you...sorry guys :) ) to live a healthy, balanced and active lifestyle, develop a healthy relationship with food and to love your body for what it allows you to do on a daily basis. MOVE!!

Goal setting and overcoming obstacles are powerful traits in a woman. But when done beautifully, you feel great during the process. Oakley has always had high performance products and gear but only until recently, was the brand primarily male-based. Well, lucky for us women...Oakley has a comfortable, stylish and attractive line of glasses and clothing to fit our active needs.

The Oakley team is amazing. I can't tell you how much every woman embraced a fun, energetic and free-spirited attitude. The Oakley women staff wants every woman to feel strong, independent and beautiful inside and out and because of that, they have provided apparel to promote an active lifestyle.



I am really excited about this opportunity and I plan on "running" with it. I will be creating a Perform Beautifully page on my blog for all of you fantastic and amazing women to participate. We will be sharing our passion for healthy living, both with activity and nutrition, and I encourage everyone to share personal stories on how you perform beautifully. I will provide the outlet, you will share you stories. And who knows, maybe down the line I will be able to provide some of my blog readers with some nice Oakely swag :)


So, let's start today. What does it mean to you to Perform Beautifully?


Here's my response:
To perform beautifully one must aim for progress not perfection. I love my body, not for a number on a scale, but for allowing me to cross finish lines and for being healthy and strong. Every day is worth waking up for and I’m not afraid to set goals which require dedication and energy. Every person is unique and because of that, I embrace the Oakley brand and the beauty that it brings to the female athlete or fitness enthusiast.In my opinion, when one performs beautifully she is not living a strict lifestyle but one of balance, consistency and enjoyment. I believe I perform beautifully because I give myself many reasons to smile on a daily basis. I strive to be stronger and healthier every day and to not live a life of regret, failure and obsession. I feel comfortable and beautiful in my own skin because I live my life for me and I recognize my individual needs based on my training and lifestyle requirements. I love my body for allowing me to travel the world, be adventurous and for not failing on me. When one performs beautifully, she recognizes the rewards of exercise and eating for fuel. She thanks her body on a daily basis. To perform beautifully, one must be patient. When you perform beautifully you consider every day worth waking up for and you are not afraid to set goals which require dedication and energy. A beautiful performer will take pride in the steps that are required to achieve goals in life and will find ways to overcome obstacles with beauty and grace.


I would love to hear your thoughts as you are also an inspiration to me and to everyone else around the world. As an incentive, I will offer my services to review a 3-day food log or provide a week of workouts to the most creative, motivational and inspiring paragraph of what it means to Perform Beautifully (try to make it short and sweet).

Feel free to pass along this blog to your friends as there are so many active women in pursuit of a more balanced and healthy lifestyle. But more than anything, we are enjoying the journey and making the most out of our days and loving our own and only body.

(Sorry guys - this blog is just for the ladies...but no need to stop reading this blog as we are all fitness enthusiasts and athletes, aspiring to reach our individual goals. It is my goal to provide the right information and practical advice in order to help you live a more balanced lifestyle.)