Skip to main content

Sweet potato and edamame stir fry


What a delicious creation! 

Karel and I went grocery shopping a bit late tonight (around 6:30pm) so by the time we returned home and unloaded the reusable grocery bags, it was 7:30pm. We didn't shop hungry thanks to a small snack before we left but come 7:45pm we were ready for dinner. 

We both did our own meals this evening and I just wanted something simple. 

My original plan was to cook my sweet potato and have a side of veggies. I steamed the edamame, corn and mushrooms and I was ready to eat.

But then it came to me....why not combine everything together?
Oh, what a delicious, simple creation!!!

I cubed the sweet potato and combined it with a ladle or two of the veggie mixture. I seasoned with pepper and a pinch of salt and drizzled with olive oil. 
Not pictured is the slice of fresh Mozzarella cheese that I enjoyed as I was getting my dinner ready and also the big dollop of Fage 0% Greek Yogurt that I served as a dip on the side. 

I just love meal time. 
What a fun, happy and exciting time to be creative in the kitchen!