Zucchini flaxseed muffins
There's something so special about the oven. It's kinda magical how the oven can turn something flavorless into something so flavorful!!
I just love the process of baking muffins as the final product smells absolutely delicious!!
In real life, 20 minutes goes by rather quickly but when it comes to baking, 20 minutes feels like forever!!
These zucchini flaxseed muffins didn't last long in the Trimarni household so that means two things...
1) I need to go grocery shopping for round two of making muffins
2) These muffins are 100% Trimarni blog-worthy
Zucchini Flaxseed Muffins
(adapted from Martha Stewart recipe)
1 3/4 cu all-purpose flour
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cu packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cup grated zucchini (1 zucchini)
1/3 cup mashed ripe banana (1 banana)
3/4 cup reduced fat milk
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 12-muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl mix together flour, flaxseeds, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
3. Add zucchini and banana. Stir to combine.
4. In small bowl, whisk together milk, eggs and vanilla.
5. Add milk mixture to flour and stir until combined. Do not overmix.
6. Fill muffin tins ~3/4 full and bake for 20-25 minutes. Let muffins cool in pan (removed from oven) for 30 minutes (if you can wait that long).
(optional: add a few chocolate chips to the top of each muffin before baking)
Although these muffins are packed with great ingredients to leave your tummy happy, I like to eat my muffins with greek yogurt or scrambled eggs for a balanced, healthy and satisfying meal.