Skip to main content

Explore Cuisine gluten-free pastas

Introducing Explore Cuisine:
A pasta for anyone.

For decades, pasta has ruled as the go-to comfort food for athletes. It’s quick, easy and a beloved source of carbs. However, pasta alternatives are slowly finding their way into the supermarkets and on the plates of many health conscious athletes.

Loaded with plant based protein, Explore Cuisine has taken a new delicious approach to traditional pasta. Integrating beans, peas, lentils, edamame and chickpeas into their line of products, Explore Cuisine has a pasta for everyone, without sacrificing taste, quality or nutritional value.

I found out about Explore Cuisine (formally called Explore Asia), as I received a bag of edamame pasta in my Ironman World Championship goodie swag bag (well more like two bags as Karel received a bag too). 
I was excited to try it out when we returned home from the big island.
I followed the directions and added in some veggies and sauce and viol
Ă  - it tasted pretty good!

COOKING PREP
-Bring 8 ounce cups (2 liter) of water to boil. Add pasta.
-Reduce heat and simmer for 4-11 minutes (depending on the type of pasta).
-Strain.
-For a more al dente texture, rinse under cold water and then strain.

Recently, Ironman asked me if I wanted to write an article (with recipes) on the products and I couldn't turn down the delicious opportunity to get inside my kitchen and try new creations.

To help me out, Ironman sent me a box of products to use for my recipes.
Like all my Ironman articles, I received compensation to write the article expressing my thoughts and views but this time I was asked to feature Explore Cuisine products (which was really not all that hard - so yummy!).


AT A GLANCE
Explore Cuisine offers 5 different types of products: bean pastas, pulse (part of the legume family) pastas, rice noodles, rice pastas and soups. Each product is 100% Non-GMO, USDA Organic, Gluten-Free certified, low glycemic, kosher certified and vegan, high in protein and a good source of fiber and rich in iron and potassium.

Seriously – there is a pasta option for every athlete, no matter your dietary needs. Each product cooks similar to your usual pasta option – which means easy prep for the busy athlete in training.

In my next blog, I will share 3 absolutely amazing recipes - Karel, mom and neighbor tested...and Campy too!
 To get you started, visit your closest natural food store to pick up the following plant based pastas (if your store doesn't carry Explore Cuisine, you may be able to find another brand).
Organic black bean spaghetti
Organic Chickpea fusilli

Organic Red Lentil Penne

Here's a preview of one of my delicious recipes to get your mouth watering: