Deep into winter, it's time to spice-up your plain bowl of oatmeal with this delicious recipe filled with pumpkin, pecans and maple syrup.
Pumpkin Pecan Maple Oatmeal
By Joey Mock, RD, LD, CLT
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 ¾ cups soy, almond, or low fat cow's milk
- ¼ cup canned pure pumpkin
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 Tablespoons chopped pecans
- Pure maple syrup, to taste
- Combine oats and milk in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer, continuing to stir, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Continue to simmer about 1 minute until heated through.
- Top with pecans and a drizzle of maple syrup and serve immediately.
Adapted from: Damn Delicious Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal recipe