Skip to main content

Off to Cali....

For the next 3 days, I will be spending time in Laguna Beach with my amazingly inspiring, friends and the Oakley Women team. Last year, I won a contest along with 9 awesome ladies, which was promoted via facebook.



This contest was unlike anything I have ever seen and not having entered hardly any contests in my life, this one felt very appropriate.
Performing beautifully contest

For the past 9 months, I have enjoyed living my life through the Oakley Women campaign of "performing beautifully". Sure, I get stylish clothes and a handful of glasses to try out and wear to support my active lifestyle...but above all, I am part of a group of women (beyond us ambassadors) that lives and breaths a beautiful active lifestyle.

Here's my response to what I believe it means to perform beautifully:

In my opinion, when one performs beautifully she is not living a strict lifestyle but one of balance, consistency and enjoyment. I believe I perform beautifully because I give myself many reasons to smile on a daily basis. I strive to be stronger and healthier every day and to not live a life of regret, failure and obsession. I feel comfortable and beautiful in my own skin because I live my life for me and I recognize my individual needs based on my training and lifestyle requirements. I love my body, not for a number on a scale, but for allowing me to cross finish lines, travel the world, be adventurous and for being healthy and strong. When one performs beautifully, she recognizes the rewards of exercise and eating for fuel. She thanks her body on a daily basis. To perform beautifully, one must be patient. When you perform beautifully you consider every day worth waking up for and you are not afraid to set goals which require dedication and energy. A beautiful performer will take pride in the steps that are required to achieve goals in life and will find ways to overcome obstacles with beauty and grace.

This weekend will be no short of activity as we have a jammed schedule for 3 days of fun. We will also be learning about the 2nd year of the ambassador contest...so all ladies, stay tuned if you feel you perform beautifully!

Pics will come shortly but in the mean time, here's a very funny video that Karel and I could totally relate to as endurance athletes. Karel as a European, bike shop manager and cat 1 rider found this video to be hilariously accurate and even for me, a someone who rides with cyclists, goes to cycling races and is very involved in the triathlon community, I think this video is one of the best ones I've seen. I know there are a lot of videos circulating YouTube within this topic so let me know if you have a favorite so I can laugh even more!