Skip to main content

Couscous...I've missed you!



First off, is it possible to have too many pics of Campy sleeping. This ranks high with the dozens of other pics that I have of Campy sleeping....he just makes my heart melt with happiness. Karel says that I have too many pics of campy sleeping...I say, not enough!

Secondly, how amazing is this quote?
"Welcome every morning with a smile. Look on the new day as another special gift from your Creator, another golden opportunity to complete what you were unable to finish yesterday. Be a self-starter. Let your first hour set the theme of success and positive action that is certain to echo through your entire day. Today will never happen again. Don't waste it with a false start or no start at all. You were not born to fail.”
-Og Mandino


Today was one of those rushed dinner days. Despite working at home, I had several wonderful phone calls with my Trimarni nutrition athletes (glad to see athletes dedicating energy to daily and sport nutrition, just like they do with their training/fitness), updating Training Peaks for my coaching athletes and catching up on emails from working at the hospital all day yesterday. When it was time for me to start preparing dinner, I decided to multi-task as I needed to do a little housework.

Perfect night for the oven and microwave!

Couscous in the microwave, kale, cauliflower and sweet and white potatoes in the oven.

30 minutes later....a clean(er) house and a yummy dinner meal. Enjoy my latest creation that is sure to keep your tummy happy, especially after a workout that leaves you too tired to "cook".

Couscous creation

Couscous - cook according to package/box and season to your liking and add chopped walnuts. For a sweeter couscous, add dried cranberries or chopped apples, peaches or apricots

Cauliflower - steam in microwave, then toss in olive oil on baking sheet. Season with chili pepper, pinch of sea salt and parsley flakes.

Kale - bagged chopped Kale, toss in olive oil on baking sheet and season with a pinch of sea salt and pepper

Potatoes - cube sweet and white potatoe. Toss in olive oil and season with chili powder and pepper.
*additional - top any item with feta cheese or chopped brick spicy or sharp cheddar cheese.