Skip to main content

Why I love The FEED

 

While watching the Tour de France a few years ago, I noticed a lot of The Feed logos and commercials. I didn't care too much about the company when I first heard about it as I thought it was just another sport nutrition website to order products. 

But overtime, I realized that next to your local run/tri/bike shop, The Feed is a great place to purchase sport nutrition products (and lots of other sport related gear, equipment and nutrition). 

As a sport RD, I'm constantly recommending sport nutrition products to athletes. I'm also constantly trying out different products. But in order to see if a product will work, the only options are to hunt down a single serving at a local store or order online a case or bag of 16+ servings. It was so much more affordable for athletes (and myself) to try out products for a few workouts to see if that sport drink or recovery powder was tolerated by the taste buds and digestive system. 

As a Feed ambassador, I really enjoy this company. They are passionate about sport, inclusion, the environment and athletes and there are so many different products to chose from. Many of the products go on sale, which makes this website very practical and affordable, especially if you are on a budget but understand the importance of applying sport nutrition guidelines to your workouts. I just stocked up on a bunch of single serving packets of sport nutrition (see pic abov). I'm so excited to take a bite of the Cookies n' Cream PowerBar. I haven't had one since I was training for my first Ironman in 2006! And Karel loves the Enervit Jelly's - he always stocks up at the local bike shop in his home town of Znojmo, Czech Republic when we visit. I also wanted to try the new flavors of Never Second gels. And Karel loves Athletic Brewing Company. Sadly, our laws in SC don't allow delivery but we can get through the system through The Feed. 

Here are a few of the reasons why I love purchasing products from The Feed: 
  • Prevent taste bud fatigue with different flavors/brands
  • Try out different brands
  • Gift to a friend who is interested in trying out new products
  • Great for younger athletes who want to experiment with different bars and sport drinks for practices and games
  • Try out different products if you have a sensitive stomach (this way you aren't stuc with a box of 24 gels if you can't tolerate one of them)
  • Learn about new companies/products 
  • Purchase single servings to experiment with new products/flavors to incorporate into your fueling regime
  • Purchase single servings for travel/races/long training sessions
  • Create an order of your favorite brands, shipped all at once.
  • Try products from other countries (which is helpful if you plan to race internationally)
  • Subscribe and get your favorites delivered every 4 weeks
  • Keep your sport nutrition stock varied so you can choose the best option for the workout/race

To get shopping, you can use my custom link 👉 thefeed.cc/trimarnicoach