Skip to main content

No Surprise....We live in Florida!

No Surprise....We live in Florida! Within one week of cycling over 180 miles, I've experienced minimal rain, crazy winds, extreme cold and now I'm finding myself unzipping my jersey and de-layering during my rides. I tell ya, you start to get use to the freezing temperatures and then the Florida weather gods increase the temps from mid 30's to mid 70's! At first the weather is welcoming, but if I'm pulling out the sleeveless jerseys in Feb., what's to come in June, July and August!!!! Oh my. This week has been a good one for me, from starting to get more involved with nutrition consultations, adding some mileage to my cycling, swimming regularly with the SwimFit Triathlon Swim Team at the Y (ok-so I'm doing the sets by myself, but it's nice to be around others) and I finally started "walking" again!!! Even though I'd much rather be running, I've walked over 9 miles this week on the treadmill (around 4 mph with 8-10% incline). Even with my magazines, I am bored out of my mind and doing intervals while you walk doesn't make it any better. I am playing it safe and being a good athlete and not a stubborn one and finishing off the week walking and then starting to run next week. I'll keep you updated. I want to give a big thanks to Ray Lake who is doing an AMAZING job with my website. Check it out as it is still in the process of being built - http://www.trimarni.com/ Let me know if you have any suggestions or any comments. I won't give away my Web master, but if you need any help with your website, feel free to contact me for his information. He is Awesome!!!