Skip to main content

Friday...the end or the beginning?

I love Fridays. Even though I find myself working on the computer all weekend, I still feel like it is the weekend and I can rest. But then again, after Thursday, the volume increases and I set myself up for 3 straight days of LONG training. Last night was a lot of fun. I biked to Howard Park and met 4 of my tri-buddies for a open water swim for 30 minutes. It took an hour to bike there but it was a great way to get warmed up (and everyone knows that i am not the biggest driving fan). This morning was tough. With the heat and humidity, I think the workouts I do are so much harder in the summer. 2 hour bike ride with an hour main set. 15 x 3 min at 80% with 1 min recovery. That was a tough hour but I felt strong during the whole ride. What a difference from last year where I was hurting at the end of my cycling rides and feared a brick because my energy was pretty low. Not only am I feeling fresh off the bike but I am enjoying longer runs off the bike. After the bike this morning I was off for a 50 min run. Loving my fuel belt especially on days like today! I Think I am religous about my hydration and wearing my fuel belt during any workout longer than 90 minutes (running).
Looking forward to this weekend. karel is off to Deland for the Deland cup (racing all three races) and I hope he has a good and safe race. Good luck to the other Gearlinkers and good luck to those racing at st.leo. I'm in for two BIG days of heavy training and hopefully I can squeeze in a nap after my bike/run tomorrow and bike/run/bike on sunday. Volume is def. picking up and now that I am just 16 weeks away from Kona, I am feeling a little bit of pressure to reach my goal of 10:30.
I'm looking foward to the rest of the summer and I am putting the final pieces on the USAT champions weekend clinic that I am putting together for the end of July. It's a lot of work putting together a full weekend of lectures and activities but I know the athletes who sign up will really benefit. How can I complain when I am doing something tri-related??
have a great weekend everyone!!! Be safe and smile! :)