Skip to main content

I'm Going!





This is so crazy! I can't believe I am going to the Ironman World Championships tomorrow morning! My flight leaves around 7am. I am all packed and I am about to pack up the bike. Well..Karel is about to pack up my bike :) Lucky me! I will keep my blog updated as much as possible. Lots of pics for sure! Thanks everyone for your kind words and support. This has been an awful month because of my injury and I never imagined going into the world championships on the injured list. I am truely honored to compete and I hope to finish the race with a grateful smile on my face. I am happy that I received so many nice emails and phone calls from people who encouraged me to go to the race and give it my best. I have a great tri-family support group out there! But I find it funny that soooo many people encourage me to compete so that they can watch the race on the computer, enjoying some pancakes or pizza (Depending on what time you are watching the race on Ironmanlive.com) with feet up on a couch, after a morning of running for an hour or doing an easy 3 hour bike ride with friends (or perhaps a ultra run or century ride for some) that they did after they slept in a couple hours. Yeah..so I am doing a freakin' Ironman that EVERYONE convinced me to do, let alone I was in pain for 5 weeks, doing lots of swimming and cycling and NO running, with hip bursitis and a bunch of other inflammation problems, ONLY for you to watch me on the computer as I participate in the hardest Ironman!!! NOT FAIR!!! hehe-only kidding. I Feel so lucky to have so many followers who support me no matter what time I finish. I know I would do the same thing (and have in the past) when i know someone who is racing an Ironman. I Can't tell you how many refresh icons i have pushed during a sat/sun Ironman or Half Ironman in order to follow my friends for races :) Thanks everyone!!!!