Skip to main content

Staying busy...

I may be walking a bit funny but I have no pain in my leg and I am really happy about that. Haven't felt pain for the past week so the healing process is going very well. Just a slight limp due to sore and weak quad muscles but it is a great conversation starter! I got back in the pool pretty quickly after Kona but it took a week and a half to get back on my bike. Now that I can ride again, I am feeling super excited for next season. So many goals and races to think about! Saturday morning I rode just a bit and as I mentioned in the last blog, it felt great to be outside in comfortable florida weather. Karel did his own thing on Saturday morning but the weather wasn't so kind to him. He got a little rain during his ride. In the evening, Karel and I went to the movies (something we rarely do) and we saw Dan In Real Life. This was the cutest movie I have ever seen! If you are a girl, single parent, wife and/or mother you have to see this movie! And for my guy friends, it is really funny. Karel even said he enjoyed it. What a great movie! I really recommend seeing it....or if you are like me and don't really enjoy going out to the movies, rent the movie as soon as it comes out!
On Sunday morning Karel joined some Gearlinkers for the Publix ride and once again I went on my bike for a little spin. I forgot that the Dunedin Blue Moon 5K and half marathon was going on that morning and I saw a lot of familiar faces as I was riding. The race was on the pinellas trail and there was a good number of people racing. Since I started before the race had begun I didn't get in the way of any runners. I rode home on the street after my grueling 16 mile, 1 hour ride (hehe) and cheered for people as I was riding. I couldn't help to smile at myself when I could recognize familiar faces 50 yards away from me. I just love watching people race!
After breakfast it was time for cleaning. BOO! Unfortunantly, with two athletes in the house our cat is the only thing that doesn't get neglected. As far as our place, it was getting a little messy. Karel came home around mid-morning and we spent a couple hours making the place spottless. Although it smells clean (it didn't smell bad before I promise!) I can't really tell a difference. Oh well-we cleaned and we have lots of dirty rags and trash to show for it.
After we cleaned we ordered a pay-per-view movie. Even though we get the HBO channels, there was a recommendation for a movie that Karel really wanted to see. Once he told me it was about cycling I told him we had to watch it. I don't know who is luckier...karel who has someone to watch cycling with or me who has someone who enjoys watching cycling (swimming and running) with me. Well, I think we both are pretty lucky. The movie is called the Flying Scostman. Here is the link http://www.mgm.com/sites/theflyingscotsman/ The movie is about Graem Obree who broke the velodrome record a while back. The amazing part of his story is his drive and determination to break the record on a bike that he built by himself. I recommend this movie to anyone who is about to do a race (IMFL peps!) or to anyone who needs an inspirational movie. I really enjoyed the movie plot but since it was based on a true story, Karel knew the names of the people in the movie and he had to keep explaining everyone to me. I sure learned a lot!
After the movie we straightened up our place a bit more and decided to go get pumkins to carve. Instead of driving a few miles, we got on our bikes and rode to the pumpkin patch in dunedin. I think both Karel and I felt like little kids with our backpacks on as we were riding our bikes. Searching for the right pumpkin made me feel even younger but the real trick was riding back with a big pumpkin on my back! It was a great day. After a little more of doing nothing that evening I was sad to say good-bye to the weekend.
It is now Monday and I am finding myself busy again....but I love it! I've been getting more and more nutrition consultations and trying to keep up on projects for beginner triathlete. Seeing that the off-season presents an opportunity for unwanted weight gain due to less training volume, I am semi-happy that triathletes need me to help them with their off-season nutrition.
Well, back to my long list of things to do..just thought I'd let everyone know what movies I watched this weekend..instead of working on my list of things to do... :(