Skip to main content

Things to do...

I have a big to-do list. However, I always have a to-do list. Since a very early age, I always do things ahead of time, way too early or right when things are assigned. ok-so maybe the cleaning doesn't get done on time (my mom can second me on that one), the laundry doesn't get folded and I never put away dishes (I always wash them though. I think I've used the dishwasher 3 times since we moved in may). I am not a procrastinator so I always write things down, write down the deadline and keep myself busy with a daily list of things to do. Here is my list for things to do in the next few months....
1) Find a new tri bike. I tried out the small Seduza QR (700 wheels) the other day and it fit. Karel is also checking on the geometry for the new Blue Triad TT bike (XS with 700 wheels). I love my bike but it is 3 years old and it would really help Karel and I out to have the same size wheels.
2) Start planning our honeymoon. Since Karel and I didn't take a "trip" after our wedding we decided to delay a honeymoon until the winter. We had a great time with Karel's family and I would not have changed a thing. Karel and I will be going to Lake Tahoe on Feb 2nd for a whole week! I am thinking snowboarding, lots of cross country skiing (hopefully we will get LOTS of red blood cells), snow mobiling and well, just relaxing a bit (in the evening). If the weather is nice we will take a drive to san francisco. My Grandpa and Grandma were so nice to let us stay in a rental house right on the Lake and of course we will have a great time with them. Karel and I LIVE for traveling so I guess this is just a nice change from triathlons and cycling.
3) Start checking out dietetic internships. I am getting close to the application process for an internship. I will start applying in September but my application needs to be perfect in order to get into the Mayo Clinic (my #1 choice). To do a 6-month internship there would be a dream and I would learn SO much.
4) Order books for the spring. As if sitting in class was hard enough, registering for classes and getting books are the pits! SO much money for these books and the classes are not cheap. I will be taking Biochemistry (locally), and two dietetic courses online. I am once again really looking forward to my dietetic classes. Just 3 more semesters to go!!
5) Get excited for my half marathon on Thanksgiving. I can't really say that I feel super ready but I have put in some good training sessions. I am really exhausted right now and I think everything is catching up to me. I am looking forward to decreasing my run volume starting on sunday and gearing up for the Outback Distance classic on Thanksgiving morning (ummmm, outback bread). I really want to PR and go under 1:39. My goal would be 1:38 but even that will be tough. The course is super fast and I know the entire course (the start is 1 mile from my place) so I hope everything comes together on Thursday.
6) Thank you cards. I finally got the proofs of Karel and I from the wedding and it was worth the wait. Kimi (from kimicarrier.com) did a great job and now I am going to make postcard thank yous with one of the pics. Now I need to decide what pic, get the cards ordered on snapfish and then start with the thank you's for all the great people in our life.

Well, looks like a long list but at least nothing needs to be done tomorrow. In the early morning I will bundle myself up for a 6-715 swim at 5:30(it is 30 degrees here now!!! WOW!) and then get on my bike at 8:30 w/ Karel, Jeff and Jerry.

BTW- Campy is doing great and he's still the best thing that happened to us!