Skip to main content

Memories

Now that I am approaching my last week of school, I have a little extra time on my hands. So, what better than to look at old pictures. I think my life wouldn't exist without pics. I am always camera happy and I am so fortunate to be able to look back at some many good times.

Here are some great memories....

My dog Misty. She battled bladder cancer for over a year and she lived longer than expected with the help of my mom's holistic diet for her. She was the best thing that ever happened to me. I think about her every day and I miss her so much but she allowed me to truely enjoy life for what it is and to never take anything for granted. This pic was at Karel's cycling race. Misty was in her last few months of life and this was one of her best days.




I miss my 21 years in Lexington Kentucky but I don't miss this. Life in Lexington Kentucky= ICE! I miss my old house but I don't miss the ice tearing down all our trees!

But misty LOVED the snow!



My very first triathlon in 2004. I was the only one in my age group and I just got a bike 5 days before the race. To no surprise, I won my age group and I was sore for at least a week. The race was so hilly and I had no idea what I was doing...but I had fun!



My brother, being the stud that he is. 4 years on the NCAA gymnastics team at the University of Michigan and 1 Big Ten, High bar champion title. He is now a business man at PPG in Pitt, PA but he will always have a love for gymnastics.





Swimming! Where would I be without 10 years of competitive swimming. This was my life and although I was into the arts (I played piano at an arts school for 5 year before HS) I always felt comfortable in the pool. I remember getting so upset at my parents if I would have to miss practice for whatever reason. Swimming kept me grounded during HS and because of it, I didn't get involved with any bad crowds or bad habits in HS or college. Without swimming I wouldn't have triathlons and I know I wouldn't have the discipline, motivation and determination to reach my goals.