Skip to main content

Grilled Bok Choy and Wrap - Creations

Whenever I eat a new food and I don't really care for the taste of it, I like to say "I haven't yet learned to appreciate it".
I don't consider myself a super-picky eater but my preceptor likes to call people like myself "selective" eaters. I like the sound of that.
Karel, on the other hand, will eat anything and everything that is put in front of him. He makes for a great tester for my creations.

My preceptor gave me a full bag of veggies from her garden. Bok choy was one of the items and I wasn't quite sure if I was ready for a new green in my life. Romaine and spinach make me quite happy.
Well, after grilling the Boy Choy, I have decided that I appreciate a new green in my diet.
Bok choy is rich in fiber, potassium, and calcium. Did you know that 1 cup of bok choy has about the same amount of calcium as 1/2 cup of milk????
*FYI - 1 cup of milk meets around 1/3rd of your daily calcium needs.
Bok choy is also a good source of folate (vitamin B9) and has more beta-carotene (which gives carrots the orange color) than other cabbages. A cup of bok choy contains nearly the entire Recommended Daily Allowance for beta-carotene.

I hope you enjoy my grilled Boy choy recipe....as well as checking out an awesome recipe site for any and every type of wrap.

Wrap recipes