Skip to main content

Mashed taters and Bakes balsamic peaches - Creations

After interning all day, all I want to do is cook. Well, more like be creative in the kitchen. In an effort to enjoy my cooking experience, I typically have a small snack around 30 min before I start cooking or around 1 - 1/2 hrs before dinner is served. I think you'd agree with me that it is no fun feeling hungry and certainly, food isn't going to prepare itself...unless you defrost it in the microwave or order out. Typical snacks include veggies and cheese, cheese and a wasa cracker, milk or yogurt or nuts.
I typically brain storm about my meals throughout the day and think about previous meals in an effort to make sure that my last meal of the day rounds out the rest of the meals/snacks. I aim for balance, not perfection, so I don't feel as if I can ever go wrong with a dinner meal...even if it is an omelet or rice w/ veggies. I also think about the food in my place because I am not a recipe follower. I strongly encourage anyone reading my blog to be as creative as you can with my recipes. I don't measure my ingredients (although I put measurements as a guide) so I am all about mixing and matching my ingredients to make the finishing product balanced, healthy and of course, pretty to look at (presentation counts).

We had potatoes in our place and it had been a while since I made mashed potatoes. Super easy and quick. As you can guess, I don't do instant.

While the potatoes were cooking on the stove (you can cook them in the microwave for 7-10 min) I put a few veggies in the oven to bake. I wanted some color to my plate so I decided to be a little creative and bake sliced fresh peaches w/ a little balsamic. OMG....the peaches were DELICIOUS!!
Since my meal was lacking protein, I cooked a veggie burger in the microwave and chopped up a hardboiled egg.

Enjoy!