Skip to main content

Amelia Island Half Ironman - Spectating

A BIG congrats goes out to ALL of the olympic distance and half ironman athletes on Sunday. What a fantastic event with such a beautiful day. I recommend this event to any newbie triathlete or a triathlete seeking a beautiful course...and a run course that has a lot of shade!

To all of the locals, it was great seeing so many smiling faces and such great performances.
Congrats to Katrine for placing 3rd place overall female and to her hubby, who placed 7th overall male. What a team! You both really raced hard and left it all out on the course!
Congrats to Doris for racing strong despite a tummy ache the night before.
Congrats to Rachel and Tyler for racing in their first ever Olympic Distance triathlon!
Congrats to our good friend David in the Olympic distance...thanks for managing one of the best resorts in Florida...Ponte Vedra Lodge!
Congrats to Hilary H. for having a PR in the Olympic distance, along with a 10K PR!
Congrats to Susan Haag for being an unbelievable endurance athlete...also, I'm glad you think my husband has a cute accent. :)
Congrats to Campy's 2nd mommy (Laura) for beating Lupus and showing people than anything is possible. Laura-you are an inspiration to many and I love being able to count on you to give Campy a great home when we are away for a day or for a week. I'm so glad Campy has his best bud (Beethoven), you and Patrick to give him love while we are away at a cycling event or triathlon/Ironman.
Although my hubby needs no congrats, I am so happy that I can spend much of a weekend day, at a triathlon, with my hubby and enjoy every moment of it and never feel bored or hear a complaint. It was actually his idea to spend the weekend in Amelia and I am so happy that he talked me into it and allowed me to relax my mind for a few days.

Enjoy the pics!
































What a weekend....