Skip to main content

2 more days!!

Where has the time gone!!!
NOLA was a well-needed trip and we had such a great time. I officially wore out Campy (didn't think it was possible) and Karel did an excellent job keeping the type-A, slightly stressed triathletes nice and calm, while doing a few last minute fix-ups on their tri-bikes. I suppose I take for granted having Karel with me at my Ironman races and as my everyday bike tech. Don't you worry, I will share him with my blog readers if you ever need anything :)

I don't think I have gone this long without blogging since I started my blog, but I promise it is all worth it. I have two more days and I will be finished with my interning hours on Fri. WOW, over 1200 hours and 10 months of interning. I am loving my staff relief rotation and right now I am on the post-op unit and loving my last few 10 hour days of interning. Today an MD asked me for my advice on a low osmolality tube feeding formula for a pt with a jejunostomy tube (j tube) because the pt was having diarrhea for several days and the pt needed a different formula. It was a great feeling writing my order with my recommended formula and rate. I just LOVE being an acute care dietitian and as much as I am ready for it all to be over, I am going to miss everyone at St. Vincent's. I really enjoy stimulating my brain every day and with every pt comes a new learning opportunity. With all my years of education on the body, I am finding myself more and more fascinated with the human body and I can't wait to see what doors open (or what doors I decide to enter) in the next few months. All I have left is my final for my internship (which counts for 90% of my grade!! YIKES) and then I will be able to say I am eligible for the RD exam.

Thanks for all your support. Sorry 'bout my lack of blogging, I will be sure to have plenty to blog about in the next few weeks. Karel and I have some excited trips planned and I can't wait to share them with you all.

I can't tell you how excited I am to do nothing and not feel guilty about it!! Well, I am sure the feeling won't last long....I'm not the type to sit around and do nothing. I have plenty of ideas for my new life with RD behind my name....