Skip to main content

Best Feeling of my LIFE!

Since 3pm on Thurs April 24th, my life changed and a HUGE weight was lifted off my back, head, shoulders, legs and body. After an incredible amount of time, dedication, hard work, sacrifice and tears, I finished the last part of my internship by receiving a passing grade on my 2-hour cummulative final (which counted for 90% of my final grade, not to mention that a B- was needed in order to pass the internship!!). After completing the pre-reqs and accredited classes for my dietetic verification statement, applying and getting into a very competitive internship and completing dozens of objectives for my 3 binders for 3 seperate rotations, passing 3 final exams, taking LOTS of quizzes and participating in 1200 min interning hours, I am now eligible for the RD exam!!! However, it isn't 100% until I see my certificate that I completed the internship but as of now, my director at Marywood University is in the process of gaterhing my paperwork to send to the CDR (Commission on Dietetic Registration) which will take a few weeks until I receive my statement of verification from the CDR telling me that I can register for the RD exam at a testing center.

In order to celebrate this amazing accomplishment, I am joining Karel for Speed Week as he participates in 8 races in 10 days. This is my favorite time of the year as I become a cycling groupie (with Campy) and surround myself with die-hard professional cyclists in GA, South Carolina and North Carolina. We will be traveling until next Sun and visiting lots of towns for lots of exciting races. Tomorrow is the BIG race of the week which is the Athens Twilight Criterium. With a invite-only registration protocol, 150 cyclists will be racing at max for 90 min on a 1K course in downtown Athens....oh yeah, at 8:45pm!!!

Right now Karel is warming up in the hotel room on the trainer and building up a little lactic acid for his 3:45pm Computrainer heat. The Computrainer finals provide each rider with a number based on ranking (they ride 3K of the Athens Twilight course on the trainer) which will be used for the corrals tomorrow night.

Campy and I are looking forward to exploring Athens and what a great way to relieve the stress that I have carried with me for the past 3 years. YIPPE!!!

Doesn't this look exciting????

(The end of this video is the Grid Qualifier finals)