Skip to main content

Sweet spinach wrap and cooked cabbage

There are no off-limit foods in my place. I don't like the word "bad" when it comes to food. When it comes to other words I like to avoid in my vocabulary, skinny and fat also come to mind. I like positive words like lean or healthy, as well as foods that I like to emphasize and de-emphasize.

I saw a deal for 2 for 1 Flat Out wraps at Publix and those wraps have been sitting in my freezer for some time now. I wondered if the Light Garden Spinach wrap was packed with food colorings (as are most "brightly" colored foods/candies) but I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't see a host of food dyes in the ingredients. Also, with 9 grams of protein and 9 grams of fiber, at 90 calories, this may be a great option for individuals who love simple carbs but don't quite get enough protein and fiber in the diet.
WATER, WHEAT GLUTEN, OAT FIBER, WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR, SOYBEAN OIL, contains less than 2 % of each of the following: SODIUM ACID PYROPHOSPHATE, MALTITOL, INACTIVE DRY YEAST, BAKING SODA, WHEAT PROTEIN ISOLATE, SPINACH POWDER, SEASONING BLEND (OREGANO, BASIL, GARLIC, BLACK PEPPER, PARSLEY), ARTIFICIAL COLOR (YELLOW 5, BLUE 1), POTASSIUM SORBATE & SODIUM PROPIONATE (PRESERVATIVES), FUMARIC ACID, CELLULOSE GUM, SOY FLOUR, SALT, WHEAT FLOUR, GUAR GUM, CALCIUM SULFATE, XANTHAN GUM, L-CYSTEINE, ENZYMES. CONTAINS: WHEAT AND SOY. MANUFACTURED IN A FACILITY THAT PROCESSES PRODUCTS CONTAINING MILK AND CHEESE.

Although I de-emphasize foods with more than 5-ish ingredients when shopping, I didn't see anything wrong with packing a processed wrap with lots of wonderfully nutritious foods.

I hope you enjoy my latest creations!!

Sweet spinach wrap and cooked cabbage

Chopped cabbage (about 1 - 1 1/2 cup per person, uncooked)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large clove garlic (chopped)
3-4 tbsp water

-Cook cabbage in olive oil and chopped garlic in large pot on low-medium heat. Stir occasionally. When cabbage begins to stick to bottom, add a little water and stir. You will smell the sweetness when it is about 5 min away from being finished. The cabbage will begin to soften around 8-10 min.

Wrap:
1 Flat out wrap
1/3 cup firm tofu (cubed), per person
Red onion (sliced)
Green pepper (chopped)
Spinach
Tomato slices
Greek yogurt
Plum (chopped)
1/2 tbsp olive oil

1. Cook onion, tofu and green pepper in olive oil on medium heat (on skillet). Season with pepper and a pinch of sea salt.
2. Warm wrap for 15 sec, spread with greek yogurt. Optional: shredded cheese on yogurt.
3. Place spinach and tomato slices on greek yogurt. Top with cooked veggie mixture.
4. Roll wrap and hold with toothpicks.