Skip to main content

Monday Product Review



I like to surround myself with people who give me energy, not take it away from me. More so, I enjoy a sense of balance in my life so that I have the ability to control my choices and feel good about how I make the most of my days here on earth. There is a lot of information available on the internet, in magazines and on TV and it can be very confusing and overwhelming. Because much of the information that people believe and attempt to apply to every day lifestyle choices is from individuals with strong personalities and promising claims, I thank you for coming to Trimarni as a resource for realistic, practical and sound advice. There are a lot of "experts" out there and it is my goal in life (and in my career) to help others meet nutrition, performance, body composition and life goals with balance in mind. In reference to my own life, aside from a long history with formal education, I have used every day of my life to learn to appreciate my body and what it allows me to do. While this didn't happen overnight, I find myself always striving for a more balanced lifestyle, thus, I nourish my body with quality food, an active and fun lifestyle and lots of laughter and happy times.

I decided that it would be fun to review products/gear that I include in my everyday routine, I welcome your feedback as well. I believe that with the right type of communication here at Trimarni, we can all live a more balanced lifestyle and live life to the fullest.


GEAR


I received the Oakley Solution Tote 2.o Duffel Bag
while in Napa for the Perform Beautifully Oakley Women Fitness retreat and I absolutely LOVE it. First off, the bag is super cute (I have it in black) but also sporty. As a triathlete and fitness enthusiast, I believe that you can never have too many bags. Also, I love my "gym" bags for traveling, especially when I travel for a race and want to carry along all my important race-day items. The bag comes with a mini laundry bag (which I use for loose items) and the bag has several compartments on the outside. There is also a clear pocket in the inside which is nice for items that need a little extra protection.

NUTRITION

For the last 7 years of my life, I could not imagine life without a blender. I have always had a blender (some working better than others) but my latest blender is so versatile..it makes me super happy in the kitchen! The
Oster Fusion is a must in the kitchen of any health conscious individual, regardless of your current training routine. I use my blender for smoothies on an almost daily basis and I LOVE the pre-programmed setting "Frozen Drinks and Shakes" for a perfect, thick recovery whey protein, milk and fruit smoothie (that tastes like a milkshake).

I also love having the "Food Chop" pre-programmed setting for when I need a food processor when making some of my Trimarni creations (below- spinach, veggie and tofu "sauce" for my eggplant lasagna)

The blender also has manual controls for max ice crush, max pulse, medium blend and low stir and low pulse. It has an On/Off button as well as a Stop button and it is super easy to use and clean. The blender also has a removable section on the lid to add more ingredients.

DOGGY GEAR


Last year, Karel gave Campy the best gift ever....a leash and collar made from recycled bike inner tubes. Since Campy is named after Campagnolo (high-end bike components), it is only appropriate that he has quality gear for all of his Campy miles. In all seriousness, Campy has an Ironman World Championship to train for and we only have 13 more weeks!


I just love the idea of recycling products and using them for our furry little friends but Cycle Dog has all types of products (apparel, leashes, collars and belts). Campy absolutely LOVES showing off his collar and leash at cycling races where he "Barks" and cheers for his daddy.