Skip to main content

Red, White and Blue inspired


Last night I had a friend over in our new place and couldn't wait to prepare a yummy summer dinner, in honor of fourth of July.

During the Beaches Lodge group ride on Sat, I was craving Watermelon. 53 miles later...still craving a juicy watermelon. I just LOVE summer fruits! Many of my TriMarni creations come to me while training, usually second to listening to what my body is craving. I suppose the TriMarni recipes comes to me while swimming because my inner fish causes me to zone out every time I swim.

After my bike ride, I had 4 VERY hot and humid running miles to dream up a watermelon creation for Karel and my friend Nicole. Watermelon Salad!!!

I looked on the internet for some recipes. I rarely follow recipes but I often get inspired by what I see either on TV, in ads, in restaurant and in cookbooks.

I hope you enjoy my Red, White and Blue inspired dessert (great idea Nicole!!) as well as my Watermelon Salad and Fresh Bean Salad.




Watermelon Salad
Watermelon - cubed
Lime juice - a few tbsp
Parsley (chopped)
Feta cheese (crumbled)
Onion




Fresh Bean Salad
Black Beans
Chickpeas
Cilantro
Tomatoes
Onion
Chives
Celery
Cucumber
Green pepper
Orange pepper
(Salad was served on a bed of spinach, topped with a serving of cooked rice)




Red, White and Blue shortcake
1 small scoop yogurt ice cream (Karel's favorite - Blueberry Pomegranate from Publix)
Mini shortcakes
Strawberries
Blueberries