Skip to main content

#1846

As many of us like to say... "It is finally official. I have a number".

Bib numbers for the Ironman World Championships were released last week and I will be racing in the 25-29 age group as Bib Number 1846.

As I end my enjoyable recovery week, my energy is building. My body is filled with an amazing amount of energy and I can't wait to EXPLODE on Oct 8th.

I leave to Kona on October 4th where I will be joined by my amazingly supportive parents and Karel. As I approached 1 more week of "fine-tuning" before a 2 week taper, I know that all the IM-specific quality training is behind me. Knowing that I will not be able to properly recover from any more high volume training, I will resist the urge to squeeze in any more long workouts. I will continue to reflect on the past 11 weeks of progressive build in order to pay respect and thank my body and continue to work on my mental strength. My massage therapist Marjorie does a lot of visualization with me before my Ironman's and I find it extremely beneficial to ease any nerves or doubt before a major race.
As for this last block of training/taper, I do not need to "see" if I can do x-miles nor do I need to prove anything to myself that I can do x-miles in x-time. It has been quite a journey over the past year and I could not be more fortunate to have a healthy and strong body and mind as I approach this Ironman. I am constantly reminded by Karel (aka hubby, coach and the most supportive best friend) to save my best performance for race day. With 19 days to go, I am filled with happiness, relief and satisfaction that I have fully prepared my body the best that I could possible imagine, for this 140.6 mile event. I am honored to share the race course with all the amazingly fast and inspiring athletes and I look forward to putting my training to the test.


As for the fuel that contributes to my non-stop energy and good health...

Pre Brick: stove top oats w/ banana slices and WASA cracker w/ PB.
Recovery Brick:
Bike: 3hr and 15 min
Main set: 6 x 10 min @ "IM watts" w/ 10 min recovery.
*It was SUPER windy today in the Jacksonville area. But Karel has always told me since IM #1 (IMFL) "you can never beat the wind, so don't try".
Run: 1:01 (8 min/mile pace). 7.66 miles
mile 1: 7:50
mile 2: 7:40
mile 3: 7:56
mile 4: 7:53
mile 5: 8:01
mile 6: 7:53
mile 7: 7:58
.66: 9:13
A big thanks to Jennifer and her dog Molly for pacing me on ALL 7 miles of my run.
Campy is a sprinter and doesn't do distance so we saved the last mile as a special "Campy mile".




































Post-ride: Anti-inflammatory smoothie
Celery
Brazil nut
Pineapple
Non fat plain yogurt
Skim milk
Cinnamon
1 scoop Whey protein
Ice
(Topped with cheerios)

Post-workout meal:
French toast on Panera whole grain bread w/ spinach (in olive oil) and scrambled eggs

Dinner:
Salad w/ pineapple, mixed nuts, celery, romaine, shredded cheese, tomatoes, carrots, roasted green peppers, onions, plums
Quinoa w/ apricots and a dash of cinnamon
Veggie burger sandwich with spicy hummus and cheese