Skip to main content

Veselé Vánoce and Happy Hanukkah!

Wishing everyone a happy holiday from the Sumbal household!

Sporting my new LG jersey...hopefully by now, you know how much I L.O.V.E. Louis Garneau!


Karel rocking one of his two new pairs of Oakley's and his new Road ID Elite.


We had a very merry Czech, Jewish celebration last night and it was filled with yummy homemade food, family traditions, a few special gifts for Karel and me (I feel like I have everything I need in life..can't ask for much more!) and Campy getting way too many gifts :)


Homemade Czech cookies and candy from Karel's family in Czech. Thank you (Dekuji)!





My homemade Vánočka (Czech Christmas bread) which is nothing compared to the real thing but at least I try, every year. Karel also made his mom's traditional potato salad w/ pickles, parsnips, celery root, carrots, potatoes and peas...which is SOOOOO good! Carp is the traditional fish in Czech but Karel made a breaded tuna steak for him and breaded tofu for me. YUM! I added asparagus for a little color to the plate, made with olive oil, garlic and sesame seeds (my mom's recipe).




Presents!









Karel's new book...made for a European bike lover!

A page just for Campy!!


I guess he was a bit too tired...


I guess after my morning group ride and Campy miles, we were all a bit tired!




Hope you enjoyed the weekend!