Skip to main content

Belated BREAKING Ironman news

" I have found that if you love life, life will love you back" - Arthur Rubinstein.



I just realized that I forgot to share an important piece of information on my blog. Although it is easy for me to educate, motivate and inspire the world via my Trimarni Facebook page, my blog is my journal, my diary...my life story.

So without any hesitation..........my Ironman hiatus is finally over. Ahhhh, deep exhale - I feel alive again. Although I welcomed this intentional break from racing my favorite distance, I feel I have achieved what Karel had planned for me by racing "shorter" running and triathlon races. I am not injured, I have developed speed and I am stronger than ever before. Keeping my eye on the (kona) prize, I realize that every training has a purpose. I don't burn calories, I train. I fuel to perform, I recover to get stronger. And I do all of this by creating balance in my life.....and having a lot of fun along the way. Oh the memories.......

2006 IM Florida - first ironman11:00.47

2007 IM World Championships - IM #212.26.58

2009 IM Kentucky - IM #3
10:54.45

2010 IM WISCONSIN - IM #4
10:57.53

2011 IM World Championships - IM #5
11:02.14

And, my journey will continue on July 28th, 2013.......
Ironman #6


This was a tough decision as to what race to select - taking into consideration the time of the year, logistics, course, weather, etc. I am sure a blog post will be in the near future as to my recommendations on selecting the best long-distance event.


But w/ Karel as my coach and hubby, this was a decision that we both made together. For training for an Ironman is not without the help and support of friends and family. My parents were excited (not surprised) for the news and they are always my biggest fans.

And with the help of Karel, I have successfully completed every Ironman that I have signed up for and started. I realize a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike and 26.2 mile run is not for everyone, but I've trained my body to accept the distance and I enjoy racing  the Ironman distance.

Although every Ironman is exciting (from start to finish), I love the Ironman journey to get to the starting line. Next year will be even more extra special......




.....Instead of Karel being on the sidelines cheering me on (and helping me shuffle to the massage tent post-race), we will be sharing the same Ironman course for his first ever Ironman!

What a journey this will be......with Branson 70.3 (Karel's first half ironman) in about 6 weeks, I look forward to next year and the memories we will be making together.

"I have found that if you love life, life will love you back" - Arthur Rubinstein.