Skip to main content

Refueling or fueling?

Either way you look at it, one must always see eating as an opportunity to provide the body w/ wholesome nutrients and fuel.

On Monday at lunch, I posted my lunch on my Trimarni Facebook page. The purpose of the post was to share my yummy creation and to share a tip that we should all be taking time to enjoy our meals.

Certainly, it's hard to enjoy lunch while multitasking....especially if you are stressed, anxious or overwhelmed. To improve productivity, to appreciate the flavors in your meal and to recognize what composition of nutrients satisfy you, it's important to provide your body with a fuel break without a pile of papers or a computer screen to distract you.


If you have been a long-time Trimarni blog reader, I have shared hundreds (I'm guessing) creations since I started blogging in 2007. Sharing my journey with others, I have always focused on my myself and my own needs in hopes that I can inspire others through my passion for food which ultimately, fuels my lifestyle.

I don't do fad diets or mass marketing diet trends. Even though I title myself a "vegetarian", I still believe in inspiring athletes and fitness enthusiasts to find what works for you  in order to to let food enhance your lifestyle. For way too often, people get so caught up in life that they make excuses about food, food habits and eating patterns - not recognizing that food is the foundation in which we thrive.

So despite me being a vegetarian for animal reasons (20 years strong and no chance I'll be changing this lifestyle), I am passionate about others adopting a more plant strong diet - or perhaps, a love for wholesome "fuel".

Speaking of my approach to educate, motivate and inspire others to discover what composition of nutrients work for you in your "healthful" diet.....
I was quoted several times in an article on Fitbie.msn.com.

20 protein packed foods


So, at the request of my Trimarni Facebook followers.....
My yummy lunch meal.......
FYI - I'd rather term my "salads" as "meals" for the majority of the time, I feel completely satisfied when I eat my hearty creations thanks to the combo of fat and protein, with my plant-strong items. I've tried them in the past but sandwiches don't work well for me on a daily basis to fuel my work day- I typically feel unsatisfied after I eat and my goal is to feel better after I eat, than before. For you can only stuff so much between two slices of bread. I'd rather build a meal of similar ingredients but more nutritional value. This doesn't mean that sandwiches won't work for you (although I still recommend a "snack" or appetizer of a salad before the main meal at lunch or dinner) but it's important to go back to the beginning of this post - are you searching for foods that will fit into your lifestyle, or allowing food to enhance your lifestyle. Sitting down and enjoying a meal will require food that can not be consumed in 5 bites. If you are looking for something quick and easy to eat in the car or in less than 5 mintes, re-evaluate your priorities for food should be savoured, not devoured.

Romaine and spinach
Sweet yellow and red peppers
Chives
Carrots
Tomatos
Sunflower seeds
Hardboiled egg
Wild rice
Chopped apple
Avocado
Farmers cheese
Parsley, pepper
Drizzle of sunflower oil

Afternoon snack: Dannon non-fat yogurt w/ frozen blueberries and cinnamon, baggy of sliced plum and apple (easier to snack with sliced fruit, especially while I am working)