Skip to main content

Quick update...

A few updates since my mind and muscles have been staying busy lately....
 
 
Campy is still cute as ever...love those ears!

 
What a yummy creation! Grilled eggplant with mixed veggies (corn, onions, spinach) and  topped with grilled tempeh and pistachios. Delicious!

 
Karel just got a new toy! The Garmin 510 which replaced his Garmin 500 Edge. I love the edge on my bike but just hearing about the features of the 510, I'm hoping that with a few more yummy creations, I will have a 510 on my bike as well :)
What's great about the 510 is that the touchscreen Garmin 510  is compatible with your smartphone for instant uploads to Garmin Connect and live tracking. Once Karel plays around with it for a while, I will write a review on it.
 
 
Speaking of Karel, he joined thousands of runners (and 4 of my amazing Trimarni Coaching athletes) in Jacksonville for the Donna 26.2 Half and Full Marathon. Karel ran the half marathon and placed 9th overall male and 2nd age group!!! He had a PR and missed first age group by 3 seconds. Finishing time 1:21:37 (6:14 min/mile pace). Karel enjoyed running with the Elite marathon females for half of the race, on his way to run a 1:18 half marathon but the wind was tough and the last three miles, along with the bridge and sand throughout the race, made it a tough race for consistent efforts. However, Karel made sure no girl would "chick" him before the finish line. I guess Karel is really enjoying his new multisport lifestyle! Karel is incredibly talented but he also works hard. He trains and races very smart and hopefully I can get a race report about his race on this blog in the next few days. I'm so proud of him and all my amazing athletes..and all the runners who raced for a great cause!

 
A little social media......yay for 110% Play Harder for making it into this month's Fitness Magazine!



And I'm LOVING Oakley Women new ads! Are your comfortable sweating in your cute workout clothes? Oakley has stylish gear that is made for working out.
 
Also - need a good race-prep, 1 hour swim workout? Here's my workout, featured on Triathlete Magazine online:
Workout HERE

 
 
Time to go finish up my prep for my final segment with News4Jax and the Baptist HeartWise for Women program. I'm really excited to be part of this program and to see how Melanie has made some amazing changes in her overall health. I'll post the link when it is available online.