Skip to main content

National Nutrition Month & a day I'll never forget


What a great message for the 2013 National Nutrition Month theme: "Eat Right, Your Way, Every Day." According to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the theme "encourages personalized healthy eating styles* and recognizes that food preferences, lifestyle, cultural and ethnic traditions and health concerns all impact individual food choices. Registered dietitians play a critical role in helping people eat right, their way, every day."

Forget about diet fads, food trends and extreme dietary modifications. This is the month that you can start learning about your own needs and making changes that make YOUR body happy.

If you are new to my blog, you may not know that I have only been a RD since June 2011. It was a loooooonngggg journey of becoming a RD and I have many of blogs to remind me of the dedication and time (and money) that was required to earn my RD credential. Prior to my RD journey, I was enjoying life as a post-graduate student, holding a Master of Science in Exercise Physiology. In May of this year, I will be submitting my CEU's for the state of Florida to maintain my license status as a RD. It has been an enjoyable journey over the past 5 years or so as I have learned so much about the human body as well as helping others reach personal goals.

In honor of National Nutrition Month, here are a few blogs that I did as dietetic student, dietetic intern and as a RD. The passion never went away (it only grew stronger), however, my knowledge as a nutrition "professional" has grown tremendously and I am absolutely loving my credential and all the information I have learned along the way.

March 2011
March 2009


I wanted to share one blog that has really stayed with me over the years. I believe that in life, we are constanly challenged by society. Often times, we feel pressure to fit in and doing the "right" thing can be confusing. Food can be very a tough issue for so many people and as a RD, there is a constant pressure to give a quick fix to make someone happy or to follow the masses and to not be an outcast. There can also be pressure to be extreme, to stand-out and to break the mold. Lastly, there is pressure to give people what they want, even if it compromises your own beliefs, thoughts and philosophy. 

Seeing that the theme of NNM this year is "Eat Right, Your Way, Every Day", it seemed appropriate for me to share this story with everyone again as one day I'll never forget......a day that I was hoping would inspire and motivate others