Skip to main content

Flapjacked protein pancakes

 
A friend of mine at SMACK! Media shared with me the website Flapjacked protein pancakes.
 
Here's a little about the product philosophy:

Jennifer and David Bacon founded the company based on the premise that healthy meals should not only fuel our bodies but also taste great but fuel us with energy to get through our day. Our pancake mix is easy to prepare making it simple for the modern families busy and active lifestyles. FlapJacked is perfectly balanced to fuel your body and help control hunger. This delicious, protein-packed and fiber-rich pancake mix is made with only the highest quality ingredients such as whole grain oats, quinoa and coconut flour that provides our body with the essentials to stay healthy and feel great. We fortify with Whey Protein Isolate and naturally sweeten these delicious fluffy flapjacks with real fruit (no sugar added!). Loaded with antioxidants, potassium, fiber, calcium, magnesium and vitamins, FlapJacked Protein Pancakes are a complete meal that supports muscle growth and balances blood sugar. Rest assured, we use NO GMO ingredients, NO Preservatives, NO Artificial color, NO Artificial flavoring or NO Artificial ANYTHING!
The only things needed to make a simple easy meal of nutrient dense flapjacks that are sure to satisfy is water and a griddle.
 
As a real-food fanatic, I also have a real approach to life. In other words, I try to keep life balanced but also not extreme. Therefore, I emphasize real food in my diet and encourage a real food, plant strong diet but I don't have an off-limit food list. You see how I eat via facebook (and Twitter @trimarnicoach and instagram @trimarni) and my blog so I don't think I need to explain my passion for real food which makes up the majority of our diet (Karel and Campy included).
 
So, at first I was a bit hesitant to try this product for I will not try or promote any product that I do not believe in or that I wouldn't use myself.
 
But after reviewing the ingredients, I was impressed with the wholesomeness of this pancake mix as well as the nutrition facts along with the nice combination of protein to carbohydrates (without being loaded with sodium and sugar). So, I decided to try it out and my friend at SMACK! media sent me a few packets to try out.
 
 

 Flavors:
Banana Hazelnut
Buttermilk
Cinnamon Apple
 
After my indoor brick workout on Saturday (Karel rode outside and did a bike + longish run), it was time for pancakes!!
 
Karel picked the cinnamon apple as the first one we would try, so I went to work in my kitchen and added my own special Trimarni touch to the cinnamon apple packet.
 
They were delicious - Not chalky from the protein powder, not super sweet or salty and a good texture and taste. This would be a great option to bring while traveling (if you have a kitchen available or griddle), at camps or a super easy recovery meal if you are one to slack on the recovery nutrition post-workout.
 
 
1 packet Flapjacked Cinnamon apple
1/2 cup frozen blackberries (I heated them in the microwave for 1 minute and then mashed with a fork until soft and juicy - be careful, they may splash so don't wear white! You could use any fresh or frozen fruit and it does not have to be mashed)
1/8 cup slivered almonds
1 small apple - chopped
Olive oil
Maple syrup (the real kind, not sugar free) or honey (the real kind, not sugar free)
 
1. Combine water and mix according to package.
2. Stir in blackberries and almonds.
3. Let sit for a few minutes while skillet heats to low-medium heat.
4. Add a drizzle of olive oil to cover bottom of the skillet.
5. Pour 1/4 cup mix to form pancakes and cook for 2 minutes on each side (or until golden brown).
6. Top with apples, cinnamon (optional) and maple syrup or honey.
Enjoy!

(I was not paid to promote this product. When it comes to me reviewing or promoting products, if I won't use it or eat it, I won't promote it)

 
Guess who made time out of his busy schedule this weekend to watch us enjoy our Flapjacked pancakes???