Skip to main content

Ironman World Championship finishers!


Thank you everyone for the support yesterday. We needed it!

We are so proud to now be 2015 Ironman World Championship finishers!!
It was a very hot, challenging day with a lot to overcome in order for us to get to the finish line. 

With now 10 Ironman races behind me, including 4 Ironman World Championship finishes, I can honestly say that there has never been a race when I felt great from start to finish, everything went perfect or I felt like I was able to execute my plan....and that the thought of never doing another Ironman didn't cross my mind.
When it comes to racing for 140.6 miles, there is always something to challenge us on race day.
THIS is what makes the Ironman so extreme in that you never ever know what race day will bring or what your body will do on race day. 



I never overlook an Ironman finish and every medal is earned - not given.
It was an extremely tough day for both of us (but mostly for me as Karel was able to race so strong from start to finish for his first Kona) but I am incredibly grateful that Karel was on the course with me as it was a very special experience to compete in the Ironman World Championship together. Absolutely, a dream come true for both of us. 



Race results:

Karel
2.4 mile swim: 1:13:47
112 mile bike: 5:06:50
26.2 mile run: 3:27:12
Total: 9:55.29

Marni
2.4 mile swim: 1:08:06
112 mile bike: 5:44:08
26.2 mile run: 4:29:26
(many miles of walking from the energy lab back to town due to pain in my neck, ribs and side - I felt defeated but not hopeless - if I can't run, I can walk). 

Total: 11:30.37


Quick video race recap of my race. 



Stay tuned for my IM Kona 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, 26.2 mile run blog race recaps later this week.