Skip to main content

My Book Sneak Peak - Creating Your Food Plan





As I wrote this book on sports nutrition, my goal was to give you scientific and real-world based nutrition advice and strategies to help you optimize your performance. But with every tip, guideline and suggestion, there are no extreme practices or restrictive measures. While it was important to me to provide you with appropriate advice, I also wanted the book to be easy to read and to apply. Many athletes struggle with healthy eating and proper fueling and I feel confident that my book will make it easier to eat, fuel and hydrate as you work hard for your fitness and sport goals.

This book is not a quick-fix book or one with lots of rules and confusing guidelines. Sure, rules take away the guessing for how to eat "right" but these strategies often ignore long-term health and performance consequences. Regardless of your fitness level, sport or dietary choices, my all-inclusive approach in this book will give you practical strategies to enhance sports performance without compromising your health. Because there is no definitive standard prescription for sports nutrition, I hope that this book will help you move closer to creating a personalized daily eating plan as well as giving you knowledge and appreciation for sport nutrition.

Here's a little sneak peek before you receive your copy on October 23rd.......

In the section Creating your Food Plan, I teach you how to prioritize the important food groups into your meals and snacks. This includes fruits and veggies, lean proteins and muscle and bone building goods, whole grains and energy giving carbs, healthy fats and water and hydrating promoting beverages. And guess what, there’s even room for the "extra’s" that bring enjoyment to your taste buds, add calories and fat to your diet and boost flavors. Within each of these food groups, I provide their role in your active lifestyle, food examples, how to plan your plate based on a percentage so you don’t have to meticulously count every calorie or gram of food and suggested serving size recommendations to ensure that you eat enough. I also give tips for easy meal prepping within each food category. While I want athletes to prioritize real food and to cook at home, all of this information can be applied to eating out and for traveling.

If you haven't placed your order yet, you can place your pre-order HERE.