Skip to main content

Adventures with Campy


It's no surprise how much I love Campy. For the past 10+ years, Campy has been living the best life ever as I've made sure that no day is ever wasted for my furry little pooch. Because a dog's life is so short compared to us humans, I always make the effort to make memories together.

Campy and I love being outside and exploring nature. The hotter the weather the better as we both love the heat. Campy loves being in the car and he's always up for a road trip. He loves smelling/exploring new places.

As part of our week-break from triathlon training (more on this in a future blog), Karel and I decided to do a different outdoor activity - Kayaking! Of course, I couldn't imagine being outside, making memories and enjoying the sun without Campy.

We all had our first experience Kayaking at Lake Jocassee and we had a great time. Not only is this lake absolutely beautiful but it's also pet friendly. Kayaking gave us a great workout and it was a nice change from our normal Saturday routine of triathlon training. The water was refreshingly cool and the views were incredible. I'm not sure exactly how Campy felt about his life jacket and being on (and in) the water but he was really chill throughout the adventure and he slept like a champ for the rest of the day. Most of all, Campy loved spending time with us as we enjoyed this adventure together.

I love adding memories to Campy's book of life. At 11.5 years of age, I'd say he's got a rather filled book so far but there's still plenty of years to keep the memories coming. What should we do next?

Here are a few pics from our recent adventure with campy: